Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm an owner of a 2006 1500 Classic bought used with 23,000 miles, now at 28,000. Definitely an upgrade from the 2004 Sportster 1200. Has anyone reupholstered their stock seat with new foam instead of replacing with aftermarket?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome from Clear Lake, TX. I am originally from Iowa. I decided to buy the Saddlemen Profiler because we have no offseason and I didnt want to go without riding for any period of time. There are some members on here that have good experiences redoing the stock seat. We all agree the stock seat is horrible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Scootme. If you don't mind me asking, what did the Saddlemen cost you and how is the comfort level? I have had their bags before and really appreciated the quality.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I found the seat on the forum. It was used, but it looks brand new. I love the seat, it more narrow than stock, so it helps my short legs. I feel like I'm sitting in it, not on it. Even provides a little lower back support. I also have the saddlemen saddlebags. Very happy with both. Do you mind me asking what part of Iowa you are from?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in Southeast Iowa near Fairfield. I am not riding due to the current 0 to 40 degree temp swings. The roads are still clear and haven't been sanded due to snow yet. I thought maybe refinishing a seat while in storage would be a cheaper route than buying $450 Mustang seat or more for the other brands.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We were up there this past week, it was 5° Tuesday am when we left to come home. I'm from Pleasantville, IA. The Saddlemen Profiler does have a very narrow passenger seat, but it only retails for about $250.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts