Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Adam and I have had my motorcycle license since 2008. I have never owned a bike until December of this last year. I have ridden a 2010 Victory Vegas and Kingpin, a 01 HD 883 Sportster, a 06 1200 Sportster and a Kawasaki KLR 650 since getting my license. Back in December, a friend posted on facebook that he was wanting to sell his 97 Vulcan 800 with 18k for $1250. After conversing with my wife (we agreed on any purchase over 100 dollars, we talk) and a friend convincing her it was a good deal, I bought it. It sat in my friends garage until today.

It is now in my garage and it felt great to it rip.

Not thrilled on the stickers on it, but since they are cleared over, they will stay until I sell it or get a Victory Vegas (the bike I really like).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I got a few miles on it before I took it in to be serviced. The dealership found a broken part so it is down until next week. At least they found it before it destroyed the motor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked it up today after getting it serviced and having a bad part they found replaced (oil sump screen was installed backwards and broke). Here is some better pictures.

My jeep and car in the background

Is this a windshield bracket?

If so, got a link to the windshield I might be able to buy someplace or can some other aftermarket windshields fit?

This seat is so comfortable so far.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Howdy! From central Texas. :)

Lotta nice pix.

Gotta love that feeling when you roll the throttle back and catch yerself grinning ear to ear.

"ptooie, ptooie" *spitting out busted bugs but still grinning*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts