Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, first of all...hello.

A quick backstory.

A little about me. I am a 40 year old man with a sudden love for motorcycles. No-not a mid life crisis. I have a wife and 4 kids and a great job. A pretty grounded dude I think. I had $1500 and was looking for a car to get me to and from work so I wouldn't have to drive my truck every day. Had a friend with a bike for sell and ended up with the beauty mentioned below...the 750. I do a lot-most- of my own wrenching. I make some modifications if I am comfortable doing so. I have really never messed with any transmission and electrical would be my weak point. Other than that, there's not much to tell.

I purchased my first bike about 3 months ago. It was a 2002 Vulcan 750. Bike was just awesome honestly. It is what I learned on and I loved it (just sold it today-7/12/2015). She was reliable while I had her and I had a blast. I put close to 3400 miles on it in that 3 months riding back roads and a few rides with friends. But, in that 3 short months I realized one thing-the bike is not made for tall riders. I am 6ft 3in tall and the longer rides get very old fast because I couldn't stretch out. Sure I coulda made some 'alterations', but I wanted something that would fit better. Soooooooooooooo........

I went Friday and bought a 2005 Vulcan 1500 Classic. Bike has c.33000 miles on it. Has a Kuryakyn Hypercharger. Cobra straight pipes. Brakeaway Throttle lock. Leatherlyke Cross Country saddlebags. Mustang seat (though I have not verified) <-EDIT..Not a mustang...no biggie. Windshield. Cup holder. LED accent lights. Cobra fuel management system Kury ISO grips. Mustang gas tank bib. Progressive rear shocks. Driver and passenger floorboards. Bike seems to be in very good shape. I got it for $2800. So. There's my little intro.

Did I get a good deal? I added up all the accessories and extras and I believe I got a steal. Chime in and let me know. Only drawback is...I had a flat rear tire on my first ride. Inner tube seems like it went bad or had a slow leak. Anyway, gonna get it looked at this week.

Thanks and comment away.

Pics here...

·
Registered
620 Posts
Very nice bike. Saddlebags alone are $500 or so new. Windshield about $200...Tool bag "$40" range.....Mustang seat about $500 with pillion...Mustangs I have seen have the word "mustang" stamped into the front-top of the seat. Engine bars another $200 or so. I'd say you did very well. Plus, I believe you will never have to adjust the valves, although I am not positive about that...Personally, I consider straight pipes a drawback, but most people like them...I like stock with rear baffle removed, but that's just my two cents.

Welcome to the forum...Shiny side up.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice bike. Saddlebags alone are $500 or so new. Windshield about $200...Tool bag "$40" range.....Mustang seat about $500 with pillion...Mustangs I have seen have the word "mustang" stamped into the front-top of the seat. Engine bars another $200 or so. I'd say you did very well. Plus, I believe you will never have to adjust the valves, although I am not positive about that...Personally, I consider straight pipes a drawback, but most people like them...I like stock with rear baffle removed, but that's just my two cents.

Welcome to the forum...Shiny side up.
Took it off today. I think it is stock. Not that big a deal to me. Got plenty of extras for the price.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Very nice Bike, welcome to the Forum, Mines 03 1600 classic. I love and have no intentions of letting it go. It's big enough and comfortable enough for me and my wife to ride untill we're unable to ride. ( at least I hope that long). Welcome once again, you're gonna meet some great people with lot of great info, and help when you have a problem.

HalfBreed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts