Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back i had debadged my custom and the tank looked like it needed something so i added some vinyl graphics to hold me over till i could get it painted. Some of you may remember it for those that dont these are the graphics i added a few months back

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well they were cheap so i gave them a shot...while they didnt look bad they were thick and could easily tell it was a graphic, plus the fine points of the flame tips would pull when washing the bike. So i used my wifes cricket machine, for those of you that dont know its a small plotter that is marketed toward scrapbooking, infomercial thing only she has the bigger 12X 24 one. anyway i used it to design and cut out my own graphic and cut it out of ultra thin automotive grade vinyl. They look much better but still just a temp till i can get it painted. Please give my your opions?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Very nice. Better coverage and I like the black flames better...
Be prepared for people to ask you to make them a set. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks viva dude, I like the black better as well, it was a pain in the but to apply though,at first the front was solid just rounded over, but because of the compound curve of the front of the tank you couldnt get it to shape the tank with out wrinkling. so i did the reverve flame effect to the front , but was still kind of difficult, there are a few small wrinkles, but it will do till i can paint it...maybe this winter.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
An upgrade from what was before, for sure! With the shine over the top, assuming you waxed over them before the pic?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts