Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
the new airbox cover looks nice. my only worry would be. . . . I have gotten some pretty nasty bug splats on the front of my cover, I would *really* not like to have to dig them out of that new faux vent thats there now!!
but it does look cool!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bugs shmugs!
Something that your gonna have to deal with no matter what. Might as well look good.

Nice looking scoot my man! :D

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I leave the bug carcasses there as a warning to bugs everywhere not to screw with me, lest they meet their fate.

It doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Can't waiT till my airbox cover comes.......where can I get the chrome sidecovers?
Great pics btw......someone else posted and the airbox cover looked gargantuan.....with your pics it looks ratio compliant......there's a term for ya....lol.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Can't waiT till my airbox cover comes.......where can I get the chrome sidecovers?
Great pics btw......someone else posted and the airbox cover looked gargantuan.....with your pics it looks ratio compliant......there's a term for ya....lol.
I got the side covers from Phat Performance, they where the cheapest. You also have to purchase the lower right side one. I think the 2 sides were 96 and the lower was like 27 or something. I got the air box cover from dennis kirk though, they got 2 in late one saturday night and i just lucked out i guess.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Looks good, i added my air box cover to my classic the other day, along with a belt cover chrome, rear disc caliper cover and chrome horn cover as well as a front pulley

Pics at this link

http://s945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/whiting57/added chrome bits/

the air box cover is the same size as the stocker, just looks different from various angles, the chrome belt guard cover was a pain to put on but looks clean when installed, the chrome horn cover .... well its a horn cover.

The front pulley is like a AMX card, dont leave home without it. :):)

Cheers Maurice

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good, i added my air box cover to my classic the other day, along with a belt cover chrome, rear disc caliper cover and chrome horn cover as well as a front pulley

Pics at this link

the air box cover is the same size as the stocker, just looks different from various angles, the chrome belt guard cover was a pain to put on but looks clean when installed, the chrome horn cover .... well its a horn cover.

Cheers Maurice

Looks good, what was involved in the belt guard cover? Im doing the swingwings , iso grips, and the wide style levers this weekend. Where did you pick up the radiator grille?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

Pics at this link

Cheers Maurice
Looks great!
I just put the airbox cover on , pleased as punch.
Thaks for the original heads-up on the cover Whiting!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Looks good, what was involved in the belt guard cover? Im doing the swingwings , iso grips, and the wide style levers this weekend. Where did you pick up the radiator grille?
the radiator grill is i beleve made by cobra, check meancycles.com or cheapcycleparts.com for various styles, key in your bike model and all the accessories are listed, the belt cover involves undoing the 3 screws on the plastic cover, wriggling the chrome cover over it after removing the tape protector and sticking it to the original cover and replacing the 3 screws, you put a small bracket on the bottom screw to hold the chrome cover to the plastic cover, i left this off as i found that the bracket pushed the plastic cover into the belt and was rubbing.

I got a clamp, 2 pcs of cardboard and clamped the plastic and chrome cover together for about an hour to bond with the supplied tape.

Its not hard to do, just requires some "jiggling" and believe me, i have limited :eek: mechanical knowledge or tools.

Cheers Mauurice

·
Registered
67 Posts
BigSarge--- I got the same bike, and I was thinking about doing the chrome side covers, after I ordered the AirBox cover. At first I wasn't sure cuz I kinda like the painted side covers, but after seeing your pics, there is no comparison, chrome is the way to go. Nice ride, and thank you for your service to this country. Stay Safe brother!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BigSarge--- I got the same bike, and I was thinking about doing the chrome side covers, after I ordered the AirBox cover. At first I wasn't sure cuz I kinda like the painted side covers, but after seeing your pics, there is no comparison, chrome is the way to go. Nice ride, and thank you for your service to this country. Stay Safe brother!
I thought the air box kinda over powered the jugs, but the chrome side covers kinda evens it out, and you always got the stock ones if ya change your mind. Thanks for paying your taxes so i can get paid to travel the world and blow shit up. ;/

·
Registered
657 Posts
It looks really nice... but where'd all dirt come from... man time to wash the bike!!! (just kidding)

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Bike, and scenery, look great BigSarge! I do believe there are some chrome side covers in my future.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where did you get the Clear Turn Signal Lenses? Good looking bike by the way!!!!
Lonestar, i got the middle one from here, http://stores.ebay.com/i5motorcycle__W0QQ_sidZ682572196?_nkw=vulcan+900 , as well as my mirrors, and chrome reservoir. The prices are great and shipping is really fast. The other ones are kuryakyn parts, just google it they will come up. The front bulbs are 1156 (single fillament) and the rear are 1157 (dual fillament) i had the chrome one's originally but they are not bright at all. I didnt want some one smashing into me so i went back. The red bulb in the rear looks awesome at night.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts