Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for my first ride in the great riding state of NC. Have narrowed down to a Honda Sabre, Spirit (1100's) and Vulcan 900 Custom. Each bike has their pluses and minuses, but as I keep researching and pondering I keep on coming back to the 900. All y'all that have experience with any and all of these bikes feel free to chime in on your thoughts. Not so much city driving here. I live just south of Asheville and plan to spend most of my time on the twisties. Some highway and 2 up as well. And I am well aware of a rear tire swap and or sprocket change if I find the highway seems too buzzy.

My buddy really wants me to get into a Beemer 1200RT, but I don't think I want to spend what it takes to get into one for my first bike.

Anyhow, look forward to chatting with y'all.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
Welcome from South Texas. I got a very good price on my 9 and thought I would trade it up soon but I really enjoy it so I'll have it for a while.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome in neighbor. Where are you in NC? I am in Pikeville, near Goldsboro. Maybe we can get together for a few rides.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Saluda, about 1/2 hour south of Asheville. But it will have to wait. Don't have a bike yet LOL!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I do believe we spoke on another forum. Good to see you over here. If you haven't already found it, there's a "Vulcan 900 Pics" thread with tons of pictures of what different people have done with their bikes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Graybush, I thought I recognized you. I am on the Shadow forum too. I really thought a Sabre or Spirit was in my future but I keep on coming back to the 900.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts