Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is another member on here that originally did this, and was my inspiration to do one. So here is my rendition of a car air cleaner for my intake. Got it on today and took it for a couple hour rip.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not going to lie to you, but it did feel like it was running better. Now... it could be that the old intake maybe needed cleaning :)

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pictures of the adaptor plate with the tapped hole for the center stud and the backing plate:

tou can also see the results of the primary butterfly removal;):cool:

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was finally able to source a K&N filter for this thing. I think it really finishes the look :

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
That does look good.

Maybe next step would be to get the "lid" engraved?

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I'm really happy with the end result, just how I imagined it. Smed, that's not a bad idea, as you can see, I have some club stuff on it now, and I like the color on it. Maybe might get it silk screened on?? I originally wanted a decal like the ones on a60's Chevy air cleaner for the displacement but it would say 125ci. But that would have to be custom made.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
They do some really amazing things with water jet cutting.

You could do that, then put some LEDs behind it to make it pop out at night....

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And I think it's an awesome look and very inexpensive , is there anything to adjust as far as intake goes??

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Nope, just put er on, :). One thing of note I guess, I don't run a fuel processor on my bike, and it runs just fine, but I think part of that, and I did it on purpose once I learned it's function, is i left the temperature sensor out in the open, I think it reads a little cooler than it would if it was reading where it was supposed to read from, therfore tricking the computer to add fuel, so it doesn't run lean with the pipes and intake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks great! This is what bikes are all about tinkering and customizing...i hate the look of my giant barons big air kit so might try something like this as well.
Nice work

1 - 17 of 17 Posts