Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tested the new V2K intake from Bad Ace Billet. Excuse the poor cover finish as I had Paul Fuller of BAB make the cover quickly using a graphic I provided that wasn't enhanced. I was getting ready for a trip to Kentucky to join a friend who was launching Vet-Life KY and the subsequent fundraising ride. I gave the image to Paul and simply said, "Here, throw this on the cover for the trip". He really didn't want to cause it was below his standard. A nice cover with good cosmetics should be on by mid-week.

But the intake worked great. I love it. Got about 750 miles on it including about 90 miles worth of mix of top speed and lots of full throttle roll ons starting from 100mph. The Bluegrass Parkway in KY proved perfect for this. The ride up there from Alabama was in the rain until I hit the TN/KY line.

Anyhow, just wanted to get it out there. I'll follow up later this week with pics including the new cover. It uses a K&N filter.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow, now that's personalized!
Looks great.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Paul has done so many custom covers and intakes I've lost count. Here's just a few I found in a couple minutes of searching.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm currently playing around with a system of interchangeable backplate inserts that have different design elements like different inlet radius, oversized inlets, minimal surface flow obstruction (covered mounting bolts, flush CC vent fitting), velocity stacks, etc., to see how my particular bike responds. Call it boredom but it's pretty fun.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
i'am curious as to the K&N part # as I looked for a long time to find a K&N filter for the intake I built, and this one looks close in size to the one I found.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts