Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about putting a open type Barons or Cobra air intake/filter on my bike and have a couple of questions.

1. Is there any more noise like a louder sucking sound or anything with the open air filters?

2. How likely are they to allow water intrusion in a rain event? Whether riding or just sitting on the side stand? I see where they have some type of a "rain coat" for the Barons but how effective are they?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I assume you're talking about the Baron big air kit. I don't have a VN900, but I do have the BAK on my VN1600.

I don't notice any loud intake noise, my exhaust is too loud to hear any of that anyway. As far as the rain sock goes, I'd classify with the BAK comes with as more of a "rain g-string" than a proper sock. It kinda covers the bits you want covered, but a little is gunna peak through around the edges. That said, I haven't had the pleasure of riding it in the rain with it, so I don't rightly know how well it actually works.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've got the Cobra kit and it is louder, but not in a bad way. As for rain, haven't had the bad luck to ride in it since I've installed the CAI.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the cobra on my 900 classic and have never has issues with rain and have been caught in plenty of those.
I do cover it with a plastic bag when I wash it just in case.

Noise, yes you will hear more clicking and general air suction. Not a big deal once you get used to it.

Freeing up that restrictive air box gave it bit more pep. Not a ton, just a bit more snap when you hit the throttle hard.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts