Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Steve I just recently got a 2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 classic LT and I'm really really enjoying getting into riding a motorcycle I'm proud to say that I got the thing for an absolute Steal and got it with relatively low miles at 5200 miles now I'm pretty much is coming on here to get the basic information on what all I could do in order to make my ride easier for the short time that I've been riding this motorcycle I found that my tailbone does like to go numb and the extreme amount of buffeting behind the windshield I see people go through and do get lowers and do windshield angling I'm not sure on how to go about that so if somebody could maybe share a link with me that would be absolutely wonderful as lowers I would like to do as well other things I would like to do is I would love to get The Passing lights and an engine guard bar for my particular ride just to increase the comfort as for seat options I haven't seen very many seats that are within my budget so I'm curious to see on what you guys have found also I'm curious to know what other things have helped you with this particular bike in order to make it have more comfortability as you're going on longer and longer trips just so I would like to have a little bit of a heads up to see what I could possibly do to make my time better with in the saddle

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the group from Ohio! I don't have your bike but as far as seat comfort on a budget AirHawk seat pads are nice and so are the Alaskan sheepskin seat covers. Check out the Vulcan 900 section, you might find some of your answers there. Happy riding!

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Hi Steve. Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Congratulations on your new ride. Post us a pic or two when you get a chance.
For the windshield went with a Memphis Shades Fats windshield 19” high. I am 5’9”. Also went with their lowers, but in hindsight would have made a larger pair.
For comfort went with a Saddlemen Solo seat and 4” pullback risers to move the bars closer to me. Keep in mind that if you change the seat it might reposition you and the windshield height view would different. Might want to do the seat first.
Installed the Barons engine guard and tachometer.
Don’t have a light bar, because only take day rides.
Saved 15% on most of my stuff by going to www.denniskirk.com and putting my email address in the “Hop On” pop up and received a code for 15% off my first order.
Here is some searches for plenty of reading. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

Search results for query: engine+guard

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
631 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania and thanks for joining us. Would love to see some pictures of the beauty when you get the chance!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts