Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to upgrade from my Honda 750 Shadow AERO to 900 Vulcan Classic LT, can anyone help me on some info .....looking hard at 2007 or 2008 what is the difference if any ???? does the 2008 have any newer tech or just a newer title ?????? any help will be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
First off, congratulations with making the switch...you won't regret the move. I ride an '09, so I am not an expert about '08, or '07, but i have read a thing a two. One thing that I have read, and have heard from a friend of mine who has an '07 900 Custom, is that there are some kinks with the electronics for that year. Specifically, his fuel gauge is constantly flucuating, and his low fuel indicator light will come on even when his gauge is full. I thought it was an isolated problem, but after doing some reading, I found it was pretty common in the '07s... That being said, the problem was worked out for '08. Just a thought to consider... I don't know how wide spread the problem is, or if Kawi even considered this an issue at all.. Hopefully you can get some input from people who ride '07 & '08.... Good Luck and Ride Safe!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Welcome aboard! I've got an '07 VN900 Classic, it's really hard to wrong with these bikes, 26k trouble-free miles and climbing, 50mpg, plenty of power for virtually any situation(well, except for drag racing sportbikes maybe:D) and I'm confident enough in mine that next spring it's going to assume 2-up touring duties. IMHO, the gas gauge issue is a minor irritation at best, I rarely ride over 100 miles without stopping, especially if my wife is riding with, and 99% of my miles are solo anyway, so when the "pack" stops is not a concern for me.

Either way, '07 or '08, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I ride an '07 LT. I haven't experienced any of the electronics problems that Clip referred to. Bought mine in '09 with 3K, just turned 16K yesterday. No issues whatever.

I know of no component changes since 900 was introduced in '06. Other than that, the color schemes seem to be on a two year rotation.

The only common complaint seems to be that the Dunlop tires are junk, and handling dramatically improves when they're replaced. Most here seem to be using Pirelli MT66 or Metzler 880.

Find the deal that suits you, and buy it! You won't regret it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My '09 is as reliable as a brick. Of course, it has only about 2100 miles on it, which is uper low...

Traded in the 650 when I was 23 (the lil lady didn't like riding it, as the seat goes up toward the back like the sportbikes do), and my insurance spiked with the 900 (they went by displacement, not style of bike). So into storage it went until I turned 25, and this is its first full riding season.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have an 07 900 Classic and have never experienced the issues identified by Clip4487. I took title of the bike in August of 07 however I do not know the date of manufacture without checking. That said, the bike has 15,000 miles on it and I am pretty happy with it and would do it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts