Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to replace the horn on my wifes 900 and the new horn would not work, so I put the old horn back on and it won't work????

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hook a test light up to both leads to the horn, turn on the key and press the horn button. If you have no electrical issues the light should come on. Otherwise, look for a blown fuse, bad ground, etc.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm assuming you can attach any 12 volt horn..cadillac, semi,..follow the lead back and check any in-line fuses you can see. They wouldn't hide a fuse for the horn. If you take off the left side cover (where the seat release key goes in) you'll see the horn fuse. There is one screw that is exposed once you remove the seat. Check that out.

·
Registered
711 Posts
+1 on a blown fuse. If that's not the issue then buy a stable horn from any local autoparts for like $15 greens.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you change the stock horn, you MUST put an inline 15 amp fuse on the new horn. I'm sure the new horn is louder (otherwise, why bother, right?) Louder = more power drain. If you just replace the stock fuse with a higher rated fuse to stop it from blowing, you can burn up your wiring.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mark...did you get your pipes de-baffled? Stop banging and start drilling. I'm assuming you drilled around the inner baffle with a 1 3/4 hole saw..it will make more wiggle room.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts