Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been on the fence over buying a v2k for quite a while now. Didn't quite get the seat time to say that I was completely comfortable on it yet but I think it's time to make the plunge and get my own to put miles on. I have found one and would really like everyones input on it. 2009 classic, just over a thousand miles, bone stock, show room condition.. 7250 obo.. If the price is right and i end up getting it, it looks as if i'll need to upgrade the membership on this site and link up with all the experience this site has to offer. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I do end up pulling the trigger on this beast i already have a good idea which way i want to go with it.. First thing from what I've read and you verified, is that the seats need to go and with a wife that likes to ride, I have my mind made up on the ultimate 4 piece seat set up and instantly after, the Cobra fatty engine guard. As far as bolt-ons and management goes, I like what I've read about the freedom performance curved radius exhaust, Kuryakyn Pro-R Hypercharger and Cobra FI2000R Digital Fuel Processor combo. Then later on I'm pretty sure I'll go with theTsukayu Batwing Fairing and the Tsukayu "Coner" hard saddlebags and make a bagger out of her.. I'm sure someone has close to that set up on here though. Ha.. So If there is anyone, let me know how you like it and what your ratio is on your programmer to make her hum.

I know im getting a bit ahead of myself, i just want to know my options when and if i do get her. Thanks again guys

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
Yeppers.. the stock seat sucks.

Don't get the hypercharger. Looks really cool, but it does not work as well as some of the other options. Most people go with the BAK.

In terms of looks, sound, and performance, the freedom sharp curves are one of the better over-all pipes you can get for the bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No hypercharger.. well dang. why do they have to look so cool.. Ha. I,ll have to look into those BAK's. Definitely want to be getting the most out of her if i have the luck of owning one. Thank you for your input

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a Hypercharger and it is great. I also use the FI2000I and of course cobra pipes.
Don't let anyone talk you out of what you want. You build your bike to your specs. I don't like the BAK. Not because its bad, I just prefer the Charger. Both are great, both work, just different taste. Good luck with your new bike and enjoy.
Also use the FI2000I at the factory specs. That works great on my V2K

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not looking to be talked out of anything, just curious on everyones personal experience with the two. Like I said before, i just want her to be running as good and as strong as she can be.. well with bolt ons.. for now ;) But honestly who doesn't like the look of a hypercharger.. Awesome and looks as if they would push some decent air.

So factory setting on that Fi2000R management system? Sounds to good to be true. ha Can't wait to find out

·
Registered
864 Posts
Butterflys quit working on my hypercharger 3 different times. Im just guessing but ive probably banged my shin 25-30 times on mine over the last few years a few times really hard. If you go to the brake in a hurry chances are you will hit your shin bone so be prepared. If i could start over i wouldnt get one. But i do like the looks of it.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I have the fairing and just installed the jumbo strong bags and trunk. Is there some thing better probably, is there a lot worse absolutely. Overall quality an 8/10 value for the dollar 10/10. I will say that if you buy those products I would recommend dealing with [email protected] value accessories was very helpful and easy to deal with.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
I have a Hypercharger and it is great. I also use the FI2000I and of course cobra pipes.
Don't let anyone talk you out of what you want. You build your bike to your specs. I don't like the BAK. Not because its bad, I just prefer the Charger. Both are great, both work, just different taste. Good luck with your new bike and enjoy.
Also use the FI2000I at the factory specs. That works great on my V2K
Nobody said the Hypercharger didn't work.

It just does not work as well. There was a comparison test done by some magazine or something... don't remember by who, and I don't remember the actual numbers.

But I do remember that both the BAK and the tornado was vastly better than then the Hypercharger.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you'll do a little research on the hypercharger I think you will find that they look better than they perform. That is across the motorcycle industry not just Kawasaki.

My suggestion would be to do the euro gears. But since you don't actually have the bike any suggestions seems pointless.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you'll do a little research on the hypercharger I think you will find that they look better than they perform. That is across the motorcycle industry not just Kawasaki.

My suggestion would be to do the euro gears. But since you don't actually have the bike any suggestions seems pointless.

Ride Safe!
Well I could do all the research and i have done a bit.. But i thought thats what this place was for t get actual specs and peoples honest opinion about anything and everything about this beast.

I will say that knocking my knee all the time doesnt sound to pleasant. Especially being a Cali rider and getting cut off is about as normal as drinking a cup of coffee every morning and if the numbers arent there to back it up then that makes the decision much easier, which is exactly what I was looking for. So i thank everyone who had any input on that.

I know i dont have the bike right now, although i would if werent currently deployed. My wife is going to go look at the bike and most likely buy it if its still available next week. I would be buying one either way but honestly these things are a pain to get ahold of in decent condition and lower on the miles. So before i dropped the hammer on it, i wanted to get all of your input and if i did what i wanted to this bike when and if i got it.. would it be worth it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the fairing and just installed the jumbo strong bags and trunk. Is there some thing better probably, is there a lot worse absolutely. Overall quality an 8/10 value for the dollar 10/10. I will say that if you buy those products I would recommend dealing with [email protected] value accessories was very helpful and easy to deal with.
Thank you for this insight!
As much as i love the power and stock style this beast hast to offer, I just cant get the bagger look out of my head and why not with this platform.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts