Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 VN900 Classic LT, I had a disagreement with a KIA Hamster car back on halloween 2011, and need to replace the front end.

I have alrealdy invested in upgrades to the bike.. Cobra Long Boys, power commander, air intake and an oversized front sprocket. not to mention I loved the way it rode.

If anyone reading this has items for sale or gifts(bless you) pls reply to this thread I had no insurance.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
try the "for sale" section or "part it forward" on the forum homepage.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Insurance for me at Progressive is $190 a year full coverage, Wouldn't leave home without it.
Being 21 I pay a whopping $510 a year, but even that's not bad. If I can't afford that, I can't afford to ride.

But this gentleman knows that, no need to keep reminding him!

If you need parts, look in the For Sale section.

Thanks!

John

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Try $850 per yr per bike. Im 53, never had a ticket and yes both my bikes are insured. . No insurance here for a first offense is a $5000 ticket. Its the price I pay for riding six months of the year.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Try $850 per yr per bike. Im 53, never had a ticket and yes both my bikes are insured. . No insurance here for a first offense is a $5000 ticket. Its the price I pay for riding six months of the year.
Wow... I have a $500 deductible and full coverage with medical (most limits raised above the typical), and accessory coverage for less than that. Wonder why you are payin' more than me?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Wow... I have a $500 deductible and full coverage with medical (most limits raised above the typical), and accessory coverage for less than that. Wonder why you are payin' more than me?
Ontario CANADA .... here its based on where you reside, thefts, and driving stats for the area among things ... I pay $1150 per yr for my 08 hyundai tucson which I drive less than 6000 miles per year. Like I said ... never had a ticket , no accidents and over 1.5 million miles accident free in my tractor trailer. The price you pay for the right to drive. What burns my butt is not being able to get a multi bike discount, I can only ride one at a time. Btw ... I have had a bike and car license since I was 16.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2013
207 Posts
That is really high. We pay $138 per year for full coverage from Rider Insurance on our 2010 Classic and 98 Honda Shadow ACE together. $500 deductible just got paid and the Vulcan is in the shop after we t-boned a deer a few weeks ago. Thanks to God that I kept it up and my wife wasn't thrown or hurt at all, because we found that our policy doesn't cover any medical bills for us, only someone else if I hit them and they're injured. I found that most motorcycle policies don't cover the rider or passenger. I guess "Full Coverage" on a bike is on the bike only, and anyone you may have hurt or caused property damage to.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Through Allstate i pay just over $200 a year for the vulcan and a 250cc scooter combined full coverage. Also have multi car discount, good driver discount and homeowners with them.
And i think mine does cover the riders.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
BOTM Winner, May 2013
207 Posts
Through Allstate i pay just over $200 a year for the vulcan and a 250cc scooter combined full coverage. Also have multi car discount, good driver discount and homeowners with them.
And i think mine does cover the riders.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
I hope you're right, but I'd check if I were you. I jumped at the Rider Insurance price and dropped Dairyland. I had been paying $95 per year for liability coverage on my '88 Kaw 454 LTD. When I dropped it and added the 2010 Vulcan, it went up to $500+ per year for full coverage. I couldn't afford that (or didn't want to), and my buddy told me to check Rider. I thought full coverage meant full coverage like my auto policy, but when I filed the claim after the deer tried to be my hood ornament, Rider sent me a letter stating that if we had injuries we were not covered. The price was $500+ to add it to my multi car policy with State Auto too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts