Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,

New member here in the frozen north of Michigan, been riding for 6 years but only had my Vulcan 1500 for the last 2. Had to rebuild the top end, bad valve stem seal. Got it mostly back together, but have a wiring issue I cannot figure out.

Chassis ground, small wire (black w/yellow tracer) is over heating and buring the insulation off when I attempt to start. I can crank the bike over but I'm afraid to push it too far as I don't want to have the wire break.

Can anyone tell me if they have had any similar issues and if a 750 harness of the same year will work without any issues. Any help would be great, so I can attempt to fix before riding season comes around.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Black w yellow tracer goes everywhere, like you said it is the frame ground connection for almost everything. I would check your battery negative connection to frame ground and clean and redo the connection....to start with.

Possibly disconnect your starter cable and tape it up so you can troubleshoot without having to crank the starter over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts