Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello, I am a 57 yr old newbie ready to spread his wings. I will be buying my 1st bike next month the 2015 Vulcan 900 Classic LT, The dealer dosent know that yet so let it be our secert. I will be asking lots of questions so i hope i wont annoy anyone. Well hello and maybe some day i will see ya on the road.

·
Premium Member
12,012 Posts
Welcome aboard Bill! If you haven't already, do yourself a huge favor and take a safety course like the MSF to teach you valuable skills you will need out there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi MN, Thanks for the welcome !! In Nevada if you take the course and pass all you have to do is bring the certifacte and they give you the license. Its 2 days long 7:30 - 5pm class and bike. I will be doing it 7/14 so i am i getting the gear i need. My question is how much should i pay for the bike a Vulcan 900 Classic LT NEW ? What do you think ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bill. I have seen those bikes new between 7 and 8 grand. I believe this years model has an improved engine. You can get a low mileage, like new, fuel injected, liquid cooled one for about half of that since a boat load of folks are unloading their low mileage rides any time they have a close call or know someone who laid one down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Nomad, I was SET on NEW but i have been reading even more and listining to you guys and i may get a low mileage one. Should i try for the 2015 at 7-8 grand ? Would they take that ? Also here is the gear i got or ordered, I got Icon Citadel waterproof gaunlet gloves and Milwaukee accelerator boots. Today i got the Joe Rocket Phoenix Ion hi-vis jacket, Tommorow i get Alpinestarts procool max socks,Scorpion SGS summer gloves, Forcefield Pro Action shorts, Forcefield ProSub 4 back protector, Arai Silver Mirror face shield. On Monday i get Joe Rocket Ion Pants and the Arai RX-Q Hi-Viz Helmet. That should do it for the summer and around town. Did i forget anything ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts