Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all !!!!

I have spent a lot of time on the forum in the last few weeks, lurking and getting info on the voyager. I am coming off a 2005 VT750 shadow aero that I have owned from new that had a few modest mods. I loved that bike but my goodness it feels so small now compared to my voyager. My elderly father has actually purchased my shadow and I spent the day yesterday cleaning it up and servicing it before it leaves on a truck to it's new home.....

I am now the proud owner of a new to me 2010 Voyager. This bike was first registered in New Zealand in 2014 and was brought over to Aus in 2018. I bought it from the second owner (both previous owners were in their 70's) with a very low 14 thousand km on the clock. The colours from what I have researched are different in the US to Australia but mine is a very nice looking Metallic Midnight Sapphire Blue/Metallic Moondust Gray. I picked it up on Friday morning and rode it nearly 500km to home through storms etc and not once felt uncomfortable and..... it looks very, very good !!! The bike is bone stock with a set of highway pegs and the previous owner has wrapped the headers and had just fitted a set of Pirelli Night Hawks. My plans are to immediately fit a set of V and H pipes, a K&N air filter and get it reflashed. I would love to ivanise it but don't want to send my ECU overseas. There is a place right around the corner from my house that do a reflash and the dyno graphs look similar to what happens with an Ivan flash. I'm also going to order a utopia back rest 馃榾

I'm going to fab up my own quick throttle adapter (again because I don't want to wait around for one from the US) and these mods will make an already lovely machine into an even better one !!!

I'll upload pics soon !!

Take care all and I'm excited to be a member of the Vulcan family.

Cheers,
Dane

Registered
2002 Drifter
Interesting story about the origins of your bike. I see bikes on Trade Me (NZ) and they're always a lot more expensive than their Australian counterparts and their are complications in importing a bike into Aus.
Unless it's a personal import (accompanied by Immigrant) the it's got to be ADR compliant if post 1989. Getting an engineer's certificate to obtain compliance is expensive. Add the freight, $1200 and then have to pay GST (if applicable) and it becomes an expensive bike.
I'm going on a ride to NZ (when border opens) and buying a bike but there's no way I'm bringing it back.
You say that it was first registered in 2014 despite being a 2010 model. Did it sit with a dealer for that time?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey mate,
Yeah it sat in the red baron dealership in Auckland until 2014. It was imported by the original owner in 18 and has the yellow Australian import plate (sticker) on it. I have all the import paperwork at home and it has all the costs etc on it that was paid.... I'll have a look tonight but $1200 rings a bell but I'll confirm tonight. I have done 1k km on it in the last 2 weeks and just love it !!!

Cheers,
Dane

1 - 8 of 8 Posts