Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this extremely clean '03 1600 Classic about a week ago. Really low miles and set up with some of the typical upgrades: Cobra pipes, Power Commander, Hypercharger, Corbin seat, Jardine forward controls, and a bunch of Kuryakyn pieces (grips, mirrors, taillight, etc)

The combination of forwards and the Hypercharger didn't work with my short legs, so I reinstalled the factory floorboards. Seriously considering swapping the Hypercharger for a BAK. Not real crazy about the looks of the HC.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome from the Macon area, neighbor. Grats on the bike. I'm workin to get the engine back together on mine. The weight savings with the no-engine option made it go too fast for me, so I have to put the engine back in to slow it down below light speed, doncha know.

Reactions: Stasher1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't underestimate the difference a few hundred pounds makes in the handling, as well. My previous bike was a Royal Star Venture, so the weight difference between it and the Vulcan makes the latter seem positively spritely. :LOL:

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up this extremely clean '03 1600 Classic about a week ago. Really low miles and set up with some of the typical upgrades: Cobra pipes, Power Commander, Hypercharger, Corbin seat, Jardine forward controls, and a bunch of Kuryakyn pieces (grips, mirrors, taillight, etc)

The combination of forwards and the Hypercharger didn't work with my short legs, so I reinstalled the factory floorboards. Seriously considering swapping the Hypercharger for a BAK. Not real crazy about the looks of the HC.

View attachment 252247
What a beauty. I am up in Lawrenceville got a vaquero let’s ride sometime

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Beautiful bike. Yeah, I'd chuck the hypercharger. They're designed for drag racing, not street riding. They look cool so they are a popular swap but you will have a hard time getting it tuned to a happy medium that works decent for daily riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts