Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Names Shane, not new to riding, just to vulcans. Have to start out by starting from the beginning. As a kid always loved motorcycles. Parents really didn't want me to have one. So i had to wait until i was i think 21 to get my first one. 1988 Honda Hawk. Most have never heard of this. Not a nighthawk. Just hawk. A V twin 650, sport bike looking thing. Suzuki makes one that looks alot like it. 2001 SV 650. Anyway my second bike was a 91 Kawasaki ZR1100. or also known as a Zephyr. Third bike, 07 Honda XR650L. Nect was the Beast. 2003 VMAX wow what a bike! Thought i was done after that, Im 40ish, well something inside me said no, not yet. So i Borrowed my brothers 1999 Vulcan Nomad Hulk Green 1500 STRAIGHT PIPES. I was hooked. Ive never been a cruiser guy, or "Harley"guy. Well , ive never been this old before either. LOL. I love it, yea im a nerd, i wear earplugs. Sorry i want to hear at least some when im older. Well same time theres this girl that ive known for long time that has just recently came back around, and we were talkin and i mentioned Vulcans. She said i have one, and i need to sell it due to medical conditions. So of course i m interested. My first question is what color is it........ well she said its "Mermaid Blue". Oh lord. Well i can deal with that i suppose. What size? 900. Meh. OK. How much? 2500. SOLD! 2007 14,000 miles!

Still cruisin around on brothers, until i get all the legal stuff done.
Anyway thats a little back story, just wanted to give you all the low down and tell you how excited i am to be a part of this group, and im a pretty good wrench, so if i can help i certainly will. Thank you all in advance. Oh the main reason why i love the Vulcans, that single pin crank!

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
67 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Louisianaian! Nice rides - both yours and your brother's. I have the 2007 custom and love it. Maybe I'll see you on the La roads...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas. The 900 is a great bike that you will definitely enjoy.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Welcome to the family! I'm on my second Vulcan, a 2017 Vaquero 1700. I bought my first Vulcan, a 2007 900 Custom in 2007. I've been hooked on these bikes since then. Love the color, by the way!

·
Super Moderator
922 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Nice looking ride. My Nomad is my first Vulcan and I love it. 60,000 miles and still looks and runs great.

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Congratulations on your new ride. Nice looking bike in blue. You got it for a nice price. Always like to give new members a factory repair manual, so here is a link to download one. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Glad you are here with us. Be well and Ride Safely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts