Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Personal preference tells me, get the rubber ones. in the long run, probably easier on the hands & wrists.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Never tried the solid billet grips, but something tells me that if you get them to invest in a pair of gloves with a gel palm.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
thanx for the replys. does anyone really ride with the billet grips.
I would get the Raptor ones myself. Bare metal in AZ.....Not for me. The Billet grips I see are usually on custom built bikes or show bikes. I haven't noticed many on factory built ones.

Best advice I've read is "do what you want to your bike."

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the Barons Custom Billet Grips flame on my 900. I love them. They look awesome and ride great. They do not get hot and I have never noticed the vibration. My vote is for all billet.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My brother has some on his Ness/Victory and likes them. He says that they do get hot at times, but the cold is what gets to ya. I know I don't care for them and I don't want to grab a billet grip in under 32 degree weather!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have the Barons Custom Billet Grips flame on my 900. I love them. They look awesome and ride great. They do not get hot and I have never noticed the vibration. My vote is for all billet.
I agree I have the Xoprodox ribbed ones. They are very comfortable on the hands and no problems getting hot. I vote for the all Billet ones. Use derek5 as a free shipping from www.xoprodox.com :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Custom grips

I agree there is nothing wrong with the billet grips, i live in Africa and it gets HOT here just as hot as certain places there, i made the grips in the photo and have just used them through our winter which is very mild in comparison to yours, but still.I often ride in town without gloves, but normally do wear gloves and they work well with or without,

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
BTW seeing as how i made them myself the skull in the pic is actually the lever of a throttle lock/cruise control type thing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts