Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all riders..........recently bought a 2011 Vulcan Voyager. Love the bike, and am getting used to the weight and handling. Great touring machine, comfortable, not loud, and has all the bells & whistles standard. great time of year here in VT with the foliage. happy to find this site !! :D

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
kta, nf,
so just where are we at on fall colors this year. the trees, have they peaked? or is there still time to do any peeping?
btw, welcome to the forum. you never know what you will be tasked with. ponchout

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hi all riders..........recently bought a 2011 Vulcan Voyager. Love the bike, and am getting used to the weight and handling. Great touring machine, comfortable, not loud, and has all the bells & whistles standard. great time of year here in VT with the foliage. happy to find this site !! :D
I'll be taking a cruise through your neck of the woods this coming Sunday and Monday. My favorite time of year to ride.

Congrats. on the Voyager, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
foliage

The foliage in Vt is peaking now...........beautiful weather lately........duck hunting starts Wed......so giving the bike a rest! thanks and enjoy!!!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
get yer leaf peepers

The foliage in Vt is peaking now...........beautiful weather lately........duck hunting starts Wed......so giving the bike a rest! thanks and enjoy!!!
yeah, just got back from a whole week ride on the BRP! most of it kinda wet. but pics are fabulous. will write report when ready. 3 of 405. ponchout

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
BRP #1 road in Nord Hamerika!

Great pics! What's the "BRP"?_____________
IntheWind
'06 1500 Classic
itw,, its the noise you make when you'r havin 2 much fun! I guess these roads dont go as far as where you be, massoftwotits?

but for those not yet introduced or addicted to this road it is more commonly referred to as the Blue Ridge Parkway. not too terribly far from your neck o wood.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Oh... I did Skyline Drive last fall, a bit north of the Parkway. Not too far--if the weather would cooperate!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Oh... I did Skyline Drive last fall, a bit north of the Parkway. Not too far--if the weather would cooperate! IntheWind '06 1500 Classic
yeah, skyline drive is the primer road for the BRP. jump on at Front Royal, Va. 125 mile 30mph very tite twisty scenic ride up the top of Apalachia mtns.
Where Skyline drive ends, the BRP Begins. 466 miles of 45mph very eazy sweepers until you get to North Carolina and climb to 6k. 2-3days later, wheel it around at Cherokee, Tn. Point your Sled back north and run it the otter way. Mos Bes 1k worth of road riding this continent has to offer.
This is my... 5-6th trip. I'd go back tomorrow if work would jus leave me alone. alas, have to keep uncle BoBo in the dough for his "give away-cant buy me love" spread the/my/yor wealth programs. ponchout

·
Registered
735 Posts
yeah, skyline drive is the primer road for the BRP. jump on at Front Royal, Va. 125 mile 30mph very tite twisty scenic ride up the top of Apalachia mtns.
Where Skyline drive ends, the BRP Begins. 466 miles of 45mph very eazy sweepers until you get to North Carolina and climb to 6k. 2-3days later, wheel it around at Cherokee, Tn. Point your Sled back north and run it the otter way. Mos Bes 1k worth of road riding this continent has to offer.
This is my... 5-6th trip. I'd go back tomorrow if work would jus leave me alone. alas, have to keep uncle BoBo in the dough for his "give away-cant buy me love" spread the/my/yor wealth programs. ponchout
Front Royal is where I got on, got off at Waynesboro. Took me about 3 hours. There was very little traffic but the black flies were terrible (and that was in Sept.). Next time I think I'll get on at Waynesboro and head south--and hopefully time it so the black flies are all dead. I also want to do the Smokey Mountains...

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Smoke em if you got em

itw,, is this smokey 'nuff for ya? BRP runs the top of the Smokies all the way at the end of this run Cherokee, TN is the south entrance of Smokey t Bear NP. its interesting just not my fav. 2 krowded mos times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts