Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Drifter
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a 1500 Drifter recently and so need to get my self up to speed with servicing info.
It's actually a 2002 because the 10th VIN digit is 2 and the last four are 5726 but ended up with the cream and maroon tank and covers which were the colours for 2001 because of a panel swop over with a black one at the dealers.
There were apparently only 21 of the c/m coloured 2001 model bought into Australia and there are 3 of them up here in the Northern Rivers area of NSW.
It's hard not to smile when you see it in the garage because it's just a bit over the top by Aus standards. We are a fairly restrained bunch.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic
234 Posts
If you don’t feel obligated to turn around and smile one last time after you’ve parked it, you bought the wrong one! Welcome from Iowa, USA. Stay safe.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Aussie (I’m located just south of Sydney). That is one gorgeous motorcycle, the Drifter is a great tribute to the Indian! Well done!!

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Great looking bike. That color combination is stunning. Here is a link to download the factory service manual. Also a link to an OEM parts supplier with diagrams. Have found the parts diagrams help show how things are assembled.
Thanks again for becoming a member. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Registered
2002 Drifter
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for that manual and parts link.
Was that colour a US import one for 2001? Australia often gets Japanese stuff that isn't sent to the US like the 89 Honda Spada 250 or the the Kawasaki BR 250.
I don't think this will be news to anyone here but this link has each years VIN nos. However the third post has a link to a decoder. I think it has been compromised by a hacker because it generated a scam Microsoft message so not safe.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

1 - 9 of 9 Posts