Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! Looking at purchasing a 2008 VN 900 classic LT. It's got 18k on it and is in absolutely beautiful condition. This owner bought it used from a dealer in Oct of 2010 with 16k and has only ridden it sparingly since then. He's selling because it just sits in the garage. I'm not new to motorcycles, but am new to the Japanese cruiser world. I rode the bike today and it felt great, so I'm taking the Mrs back tomorrow for her input (on the rear seat) and will most likely purchase it.

Question... Anything gotcha's I should be wary of before buying this? Anything I should pay special attention to before handing over my cash? It appears to be a solid bike, but one can never really know for sure. I don't know much about the VN900, but what I have learned over the past week, it appears to be a good investment.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

-Dave

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome in bmansdad,ck 900 forum,lots of info there,imo 900 is a great bike,rode my 06 classic for 7 years,no issues at all,maint and tires,stators seem common on these around 25k,loved the bike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rev.. That's what I keep reading. The KLR I have now isn't great for 2 up, and since selling the FJ1300, I miss having the option of 2 up trips, but I don't want/need uber speed anymore. It's time to slow it down a bit, yet I still want something for around town putting and occasional 2 up day trips, nothing more. Seems like this is what the 900 was built to do.

It looks like I'll be back to the forum reporting on my new (to me) 900 next week!

·
Registered
620 Posts
From what I hear, the 900 is a very dependable bike that owners enjoy a lot.
Welcome from North Carolina.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Welcome from Marietta! Good lookin' scoot. I'm fairly new here, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts