Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all comunicate to others on this site, lending a hand or opinion on a problem on our bikes, or just to poke fun at one another from time to time, all in a good natured friendship. Some of us even know of person troubles and accomplichments of other members. I'm curious though of how many of us actually have ment other members from this forum? I've never ment any until the 1st part of June when we had a get together in Birmingham, Al. where I ment Tinker, Bamadrive, and I'm not sure I have his user name right, Grey Ghost? Sorry if I'm wrong. Also in June, I met Timb from Ohio while I was there on vaction visiting family. Today I met Gusgriff, just 85 miles away. All seem to be very good people, and have rode with all of them, and looking forward to doing so again in the future. Lets here about those you've seen and rode with in person, that you have met through this site, that you probably would not have met otherwise.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Rick, Bobby's user name is Greywalker. Like you said every one I have met from the forum or talked to on the phone have been great. Overhillandale came over a week or so ago and we put some risers on his Voyager. Another person I would not have met if it were not for the forum and he only lives about 6 miles from me.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I wish I could make that trip sounds like fun
Me too! And it's no more than a days ride away from me but I just don't have the time to get away.

I've only met one member of the forum. Was never active, think he had a handful of posts or so. But he sold me a couple of items for my Vulcan and when I realized he lived 30 minutes away we met up for lunch with our wives one afternoon. Was a real nice guy. Almost everything on my bike was bought from forum members, so in that respect I've had some "out of forum contact".

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
This is absolutely why I wanted to have a get-together. I've met Whiting57, Poncha Villa, Kaw-poke, Kendawg, and Malrick. I'm looking forward to meeting up and riding with everyone of them again, if not this time, then sometime in the future. I've got the utmost respect for every one of them, great guys one and all. I hate I missed the last Texas round-up, I missed an opportunity to meet a few different riders and see some of the others I'd met before.
Maybe if enough regional rides are put together, eventually we can have all of the regions get together for one big ride?
I don't normally like riding in big groups, but seeing the names of some members over and over again on here you start to feel like you know them, but you've never really "met" them.
Sorry for the plug, but I hope it works out some of you can make it next month. I went out on a limb and ordered some extra shirts, and if extra riders can't make it people around here are going to think I only have one shirt from seeing me wear one every day.
Good thread!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rick, Bobby's user name is Greywalker. Like you said every one I have met from the forum or talked to on the phone have been great. Overhillandale came over a week or so ago and we put some risers on his Voyager. Another person I would not have met if it were not for the forum and he only lives about 6 miles from me.
Wasnt Overhillanddale having some medical issues? Hows things working out for him now? Would like to meetup again before summers over.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yes Dale had heart surgery right before our get together and he says he is about 80%. I know he is riding his Voyager again, locally at least.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know its an older thread, but just wanted to add another member here I met and road with today, PILOT747. seems like a really nice guy. Just got his new Voyager a few weeks ago, still has the temp tag. Imagine he'll be doing the 1st service any day now. Was great meeting and riding with him. Nice way to start out the new year!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Saturday I met Mac_49 a new member who just moved to this area last year, seemed like a fine young man. I met him and OverhillandDale for a late breakfast and we road about 60 miles of good back roads. some of them were still a little trashy from the recent icing so the ride wasn't as much fun as it could have been but it was still a good time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Saturday I met Mac_49 a new member who just moved to this area last year, seemed like a fine young man. I met him and OverhillandDale for a late breakfast and we road about 60 miles of good back roads. some of them were still a little trashy from the recent icing so the ride wasn't as much fun as it could have been but it was still a good time.
HAD A BLAST!!! Alabama hills sure beat the Kansas flat lands lol. Can't wait to ride again!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Uhhh, guys what ride when where???????
Dean, it was just a Saturday morning meet up on the outskirts of Birmingham.

Speaking of which, if you live in the Birmingham area shoot me a pm and the next time we try a ride I'll let you know. It's always good to have more imput on what roads to ride and meet more local members.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts