Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all-

So, I installed exhaust on my bike a few weeks ago, and I wanted to share my thoughts. First, youpoops videos for exhaust do not do them justice. At all. These critters seemed pretty tame in the videos I saw, but in reality, they're loud as shit. I woke up my roommate the first morning I fired up my bike after installation, and there are 4 apartments separating ours from where I park my bike on the side of the building. I have not removed the baffles. I rode south on I5, and had to pull over to buy earplugs because they are so loud. My ears were ringing when I got to my destination. That being said, I love my exhaust. Like crazy. I rode past a buddy of mine on my way home from work today, and he texted me something to the effect of "Jesus Christ dude, I heard you coming a mile away."

Also, they are super easy to install. I am slightly...SLIGHTLY... mechanically inclined, and I had my stock off in no time. Installing the new set went fairly smoothly, the only hiccup was securing the rear of the pipe to the bracket. The nuts, by design, were a pain in the ass. You could even say they... drove me nuts.

I really feel like it woke my bike up. I feel like power delivery is more smooth, and overall ride feel is great. If you're on the fence, just do it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts