Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2-1hp.jpg

My Cobra 2-1 HP exhaust showed up today, installed after work and loving it. Not as loud as the Shogun slash system I took off but definitely a nice deep sound. Very Happy!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Shoot. I would've made you a heck of a deal on mine. I'm not a fan of it at all.
Might be interested. My current exhaust too loud for long distances.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cobra's website says that this pipe increases horsepower and torque. Can you tell and difference in either?

Ride Safe!
Pretty sure every manufacturer says that ;-) "Butt Dyno" says more torque, brain says torque comes on sooner and is smoother.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Might be interested. My current exhaust too loud for long distances.
This is why I don't care for it. It drones and is loud at highway speeds. It idles very quietly. Also you can't add a quiet core bafffle to the 2 in 1 model. I don't think it will solve your problem.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
colemantle I assume you have not done the euro gear mod yet, the higher rpm at cruise may be the drone issue. I know my slash cuts were pretty bad cruising at 70 before the gear change and it moved it up to about 80-85. Didn't put a lot of miles on with this system yet but nothing noticeable cruising between 60 and 90 last night. Could be that this system is so much quieter than the slash cuts.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
colemantle I assume you have not done the euro gear mod yet, the higher rpm at cruise may be the drone issue. I know my slash cuts were pretty bad cruising at 70 before the gear change and it moved it up to about 80-85. Didn't put a lot of miles on with this system yet but nothing noticeable cruising between 60 and 90 last night. Could be that this system is so much quieter than the slash cuts.
Nope. Maybe I need to look into that. I've been really considering going back to stock because of this. I love the looks of the 2 in 1... just don't care for the sound at 80 mph or so.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The lower cruising rpms is really nice. Really lets the big engine stretch its legs without winding up so much. Only drawback I have found is less compression braking without downshifting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts