Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added the Exhaust, Intake and Tack. I'm attaching some pic's, things are starting to come along nicely. I got the bie tune nicely and its making power nicely I can tell a nice diffrence.

So what you think?

·
Registered
711 Posts
I know you don't like negative coments but you're asking what we think so here we go.

I'll start with the bad so then the good will take over :)

I'm not so crazy on that intake, not only I don't like the look but it leaves too much open space between the v-twin engine that makes it look not so attractive to me.

The tack makes any bike look like the old school bikes and reminds me of the honda sabre.

The pipes on the other hand are very sweet! What kind of pipes are those? those will look bad azz in chrome.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you don't like negative coments but you're asking what we think so here we go.

I'll start with the bad so then the good will take over :)

I'm not so crazy on that intake, not only I don't like the look but it leaves too much open space between the v-twin engine that makes it look not so attractive to me.

The tack makes any bike look like the old school bikes and reminds me of the honda sabre.

The pipes on the other hand are very sweet! What kind of pipes are those? those will look bad azz in chrome.
First off I don't have an issue about negative comments other than me Saying, "there is always a negitive opinion in the crowd" so now that we got that out of the way.

Your right it does open the engine area up a good bit. I like to see the engine but that's just a personal preference. To me it's a motor and I want see the motor. The old air cleaner was almost as big as the 2 jugs, it is one of them big chrome thing's that I don't like. I have a mustang that I drag race and all you see is motor so I think that is why I like to see motor more than covers and stuff that just hide the motor, it looks more industrial if that makes sents? I'm attaching a picture of my car motor so you see what I'm talking about.

As for the tack, I agree. Now that I have it on, I wish I would of went with the black face and not the white. Oh well I'm stuck with it now LOL!

The Exhaust is from Fuggin Fab, they call it the Hellion. I went today for a nice 200 mile ride and I can't believe how much of a power change it has made to the bike. I'm talking night and day change. With the new intake, pipes and fuel controller the bike is making some real nice power now, more than I thought it would, so I'm happy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments guys. One thing is for sure, It's paid for LOL!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Very nice. I agree with the tach, black face or no tach. Sticks out like a zit. The mate black pipes and intake look great. They style of intake is not my favorite, but you have done a great job with it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
One more thing, get rid of the yellow signal lenses.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Although some of it isn't to my choice in style, you have taken a theme and put EVERYTHING together quite well! (well, ok, I agree the tach would look better with a black face) I like the looks of the intake and pipes on that side of the bike! Mind sharing what intake that is? (sorry if I missed that info somewhere)

I, like teamsunbelt, also think it would really enhance the look to go with some smoked lenses now.

Now... STOP IT! You're making me think of all the things I'd like to do with my bike, and that's gonna get me in trouble with the wife!

·
Registered
711 Posts
tell us a bit more on the sound of those pipes. they look great!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Although some of it isn't to my choice in style, you have taken a theme and put EVERYTHING together quite well! (well, ok, I agree the tach would look better with a black face) I like the looks of the intake and pipes on that side of the bike! Mind sharing what intake that is? (sorry if I missed that info somewhere)

I, like teamsunbelt, also think it would really enhance the look to go with some smoked lenses now.

Now... STOP IT! You're making me think of all the things I'd like to do with my bike, and that's gonna get me in trouble with the wife!
LOL I know the feeling, I got some new blinkers sitting in my garage just haven't got to them yet. The intake is called a the Tornado air kit. Got it from Thundermfg.com

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tell us a bit more on the sound of those pipes. they look great!
Pipes sound great make good power and have a every deep sound, kind of loud at 80mph but I like the sound.

~R~

·
Registered
100 Posts
I really like the intake and exhaust. They fit well with the custom theme on your black bike. Well, for the fairing and tach.... not so much. I would also like a tach, but don't want one up high on the handlebars and can't think of a better place for it. And, as has been stated before, getting rid of the amber turn signal lenses would complete the look.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really like the intake and exhaust. They fit well with the custom theme on your black bike. Well, for the fairing and tach.... not so much. I would also like a tach, but don't want one up high on the handlebars and can't think of a better place for it. And, as has been stated before, getting rid of the amber turn signal lenses would complete the look.
I got the rear signals now just got to order the front. I've been slacking, I think I got mod burnout or something lol.

The tach does have to go. I'm willing to sell it for $100 if someone wants it. It's brand new not a scratch. I just hate to have almost $400 in tachs sitting around so if anyone wants it let me know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I added the Exhaust, Intake and Tack. I'm attaching some pic's, things are starting to come along nicely. I got the bie tune nicely and its making power nicely I can tell a nice diffrence.

So what you think?
Rajincajun,
The pipes really look good on your bike. We are glad your happy with pipes. If you can email me some pictures, I would like to post them on our web-site.

Doug
Fuggin Fabrication
[email protected]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rajincajun,
The pipes really look good on your bike. We are glad your happy with pipes. If you can email me some pictures, I would like to post them on our web-site.

Doug
Fuggin Fabrication
[email protected]
hey Doug I spoke with you about a year ago. I ordered the mayhem pipes, tornado intake, and powercommander5. You were talking with pc about making a map for the pipes. Have they made one yet? The only reason I ask I can't load their site from my cell phone as my computer crashed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts