Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
eric

i just installed the same tires. 400 miles on them.....I'd appreciate your thoughts on them. For me, they are comfortable and, after breakin, corner well. Thats the good news. I find them somewhat unsteady in a straight line. They just don't track well. I had a Dunlop E3 on front before and it was MUCH more stable.....

Keep us posted on yours.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for the input. Your set up is very similar to mine EXCEPT i am running OEM recomended air pressure up front (28 PSI). I'm going to run my air pressure up 8-10 pounds and see how that does.

John

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have about 8.5k on my B/S Max rear and a little bit left. I just got in a new set of Max's but haven't put them on yet. The new Michelin Commander II might be an interesting tire for the rear if they make it in our size.
James

·
Registered
701 Posts
Ok so let me understand kawasaki spends millions to develop a suspension and a bike so their engineers don't know what tire pressure it should run. The pressure ratings on any tire show the MAX psi that should be used. The lower the pressure the more tread on the road. Yes it won't handle like it is on rails that is because you have less of a contact patch on the ground. This will be beaten to death the same way when someone goes darkside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts