Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after talking to Kawasaki in California they wouldn't replace the ECU for me again, I informed Tim (kawasaki customer service rep) as to what was going on with mileage and loss of power, he said it must be the way I am driving and the type of gas I am using so he refused to help and did not replace the ECU for a third time. I found a used one on eBay from a wrecked 2010 and purchased it. When it came I switched it out with the one in the VV it seems to have a bunch more power and balls so to speak, now I have to run a few tanks of gas through it to see if the MPG goes up.

I wonder if Kawasaki will listen to me now?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Well after talking to Kawasaki in California they wouldn't replace the ECU for me again, I informed Tim (kawasaki customer service rep) as to what was going on with mileage and loss of power, he said it must be the way I am driving and the type of gas I am using so he refused to help and did not replace the ECU for a third time. I found a used one on eBay from a wrecked 2010 and purchased it. When it came I switched it out with the one in the VV it seems to have a bunch more power and balls so to speak, now I have to run a few tanks of gas through it to see if the MPG goes up.

I wonder if Kawasaki will listen to me now?
Um, no they won't. And if you end up having any problems with the bike there's a good chance the problems will be blamed on the ecu you installed.

·
Registered
400 Posts
You guys are depressing me! I love Kawasaki's and always brag to all my Harley friends what a superior bike it is! Hopefully they won't read this! Sorry to hear about your issue and good luck getting it fixed.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Can you provide the numbers on the ebay one you put in and the one you removed? Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What happened that the ECU needed to be replaced 3x?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts