Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this out, this is not the plastic one on most sites, its 16 guage steel and triple chromed. What ya think? Cant figure out if i like it better with the top guard on or off?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
thats funny.... i posted in 900 bike pics at 6.55pm suggesting one of these ... looks good, you can never have to much chrome, leave the belt cover. I left mine on but most of it is covered by my bags.

·
Registered
358 Posts
On. If anything, to help protect the belt and keep loose objects from getting entangled.
Also, without, it just looks like something is missing. (which, I suppose, it is.)

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
On. If anything, to help protect the belt and keep loose objects from getting entangled.
Yep, passenger boot laces is a big one, i wont let anyone with laces on either of my rides:(

·
Registered
427 Posts
For aesthetics and safety, I'd have the belt cover stay on.

·
Registered
742 Posts
agree with on, i took mine off when i did the scoots rear pulley and noticed alot of junk dropping down from the fender when running through less than dry/clean roads... i do like the looks of the bottom cover! but... since i just put on the scoots chromed rear pulley, i have no desire to cover it up?!?! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I already ordered one from meancycles, but if I think it's epic fail I may go this route.
here's the trick to put it on. Take the three bolts out of the plastic one and yank it out, it will go. Next remover the chrome cover over the radiator overfill, remove the two screws holidng it in place and pop the overfill out . Slide the new chrome piece in nice and easy and bolt on. Took maybe 10 minutes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts