Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some mods I did recently on the cheap.......
Speedo cowl visor. Scrap vinyl and a piece of chrome door edge guard.
Windshield lowers. Scrap Lucite, aluminum and stainless steel P clamps.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
That speedo cowl looks A-1 man! Nice!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I agree. (I hate the 10 character minimum requirement on this board hence why I am continuing to type so that you can see my acceptance of your fine craftmanship......I think I hit my 10 now).

·
Registered
382 Posts
you should market them.

How well do the 'fork wings' help with wind and such? They don't look like they do much, but a lot of touring bikes have them.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I like your windshield bags. I need some of those to put my marbles in

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Now that is ingenuity!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you should market them.

How well do the 'fork wings' help with wind and such? They don't look like they do much, but a lot of touring bikes have them.
Thank you.

They help break up the turbulance coming from under the windshield to different degrees depending on the size of the lowers, your windshield angle, riders height, position etc..

·
Registered
441 Posts
I used a saber saw on medium speed with a scroll blade, then clamped both pieces together medium rough file, 220 sandpaper then Scotch Brite the edges......
When I saw the one thread about the highway bars I saw your lowers and was going to ask what brand they are. Very nice mods you made, I like them too.:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
Great job. Where did you find the "P clamps" They look great. I have been thinking about a set for my 900 and yours look like they would work and are very professional looking.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
782 Posts
Great site. I may be in business. I need to check the diameter of the tube. Thanks again.

Bob
I also found SS p-clamps at McMaster Carr. They even have some with white silicone insulators which will last better in the sun and ozone exposure. I am not sure what size you need, but they have a pretty good range. See link.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/115/1489/=4cczc6

1 - 17 of 17 Posts