Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day folks.
I'm about to embark on the Streetglide front wheel upgrade, and I noticed a scuff on my one front fork.
I'm guessing my toolbag in the front has somehow loosened the fork cover on the one side, causing it to scuff. It's a new thing, it wasn't there when I cleaned it up for the first ride of the spring. Damned if I can figure out how to re-secure that damned cap....this happen to anyone else?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So attached is a pic of my LH For chrome cover. It is loose on the rubber bushing-thingy (or whatchamacallit) and it's rattling
around and scuffing the lower fork.
Any idea how to reattach it? The RH side is snug on there but damned if I can find anything in the service manual that even shows a picture of the bloody thing............

PLEASE tell me I don't have to tear down the whole fork mount........

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Using a dead blow, or maybe a piece of wood and a hammer, try tapping it back into place??

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, will do. So I assume it's a press-fit then. Sure as H#LL isn't threaded on.......

I'll blame the toolbag I had hanging off the front. Now that I relocated the licence plate below the rear signals, I think I'll place it behind the Bit.....errr.....wife seat where the plate mount used to be. I'm guessing the weight of the bag pulled it loose.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
That's the way I see it. You're right... not much in the way of write up on it. I would just go at it easy..

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I think I know what the problem is. Unfortunately, I had to take my whole $#*!ing front end apart to do it.

There appears to be a teflon-like ring at the top of the fork that must keep the covers from scratching the lower forks such as happened with me. Kawi p/n is 13070-0017: Guide, Case. My one is thinner than the other, so that must be the culprit.
The cover itself just has a washer and rubber bushing to cushion it against a locking ring on the fork rod. The RH one was quite snug to the fork clamp, but there was some play on on the LH one that likely contributed as well. I'll try to get things back together and perhaps snug that connection up a touch as well.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts