Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at Moving up to a bigger bike and we looked at the V2K at the Motorcycle show in Chicago I currently own a 900 lt what can you all tell me about the differences and whether its a good buy, any problems that youve seen ect thanks for any info

·
Registered
240 Posts
Before i bought my v2k used, i read everything i could about it. I didnt really find anything that worried me, and i'm so critical about ANYTHING i buy. most complaints ive heard were belt chirp or squeak. and they absolutly wear the rear tire out FAST. i own a 1500 classic and the biggest diff ive noticed is the weight. this this is a hoss!

great smooth power delivery tho, i like everything about it so far.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before i bought my v2k used, i read everything i could about it. I didnt really find anything that worried me, and i'm so critical about ANYTHING i buy. most complaints ive heard were belt chirp or squeak. and they absolutly wear the rear tire out FAST. i own a 1500 classic and the biggest diff ive noticed is the weight. this this is a hoss!

great smooth power delivery tho, i like everything about it so far.
Being a woman Im kind of worried about the weight of the bike, Ive seen Jerry palalenos wife whip a big harly around and Ive sat on the bike at the show and leaned it over and it seemed very well balanced, have you had any issues with the weight

·
Registered
240 Posts
i personally havent had issues with the weight of the bike. but i'm 6'1" 230ish and strong enought to the point that if i have to put a foot down to keep from tipping, i'm confident i can hold the weight of the bike up. as long as its not to extreme of a lean. it CAn, however, be a handful in parkinglots or sand. but that may be just me getting used to the feel of the bike vs. my 1500... the 2K is definatly noticably heavier than the 1500 too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i personally havent had issues with the weight of the bike. but i'm 6'1" 230ish and strong enought to the point that if i have to put a foot down to keep from tipping, i'm confident i can hold the weight of the bike up. as long as its not to extreme of a lean. it CAn, however, be a handful in parkinglots or sand. but that may be just me getting used to the feel of the bike vs. my 1500... the 2K is definatly noticably heavier than the 1500 too.
Thanks for the info, the Dealer is looking for an 09 for me, How do you like the seat on the V2K The 900 is pretty thin n hard and having tail bone issues Im going to probably look at getting it customized with a cutout

·
Registered
240 Posts
seat seems ok to me. but i only logged about 100 miles so far. rode it to work once to see how it did on the hiway and thats about it. rode like a caddy tho, i had no complaints other than the fwd controls i put on. but that was my own fault.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Being a woman Im kind of worried about the weight of the bike, Ive seen Jerry palalenos wife whip a big harly around and Ive sat on the bike at the show and leaned it over and it seemed very well balanced, have you had any issues with the weight
There's a lady named Tina that posts about her V2K on the delphiforums.com/kawvulcan site. She's appears to be an average size person and I've never read any problems about handling her bike. Weight isn't normally an issue most of the time; it's learning the "feel" and "balance". Even at low speed turns, learning to use the throttle, friction zone of the clutch and rear brake makes all the difference in the world. There's lots of people riding 600+ lb. mc's that barely weigh 100 lbs themselves;). Don't let the size or weight stop you; if you can handle a 900, you can handle a 2000.:) BTW. I'm 190 lbs, 5' 8" and soon to be 59 years young. I love the feel, look and power of my V2K LT. Once you try one, there's no turning back!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Love mine. Have about 2500 miles on it now. If it does go over, depending on how big/strong you are, you may need help. I had to upright mine once. Didn't really dump it, it was a zero mph incident and I leaned over to where one leg wouldn't hold. It really didn't go fully down, but sort of used the floorboard like a kickstand - but at a 30 -? 40 degree angle. I am 6-2, 190# - Got it back up myself but it was a serious grunt!

Woody

·
Registered
553 Posts
Big, Heavy bike. Wouldn't trade for nothing.

Parking lot and in the garage is only place I notice the weight.

Heavy to pick up if dropped. That's it. Great bike.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the seat reupholstered because it was very uncomfortable,especially on long rides.Also tail bone issues.The rest of the bike is fantastic.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would be interested to know what kind of upholstery work you had done and if they did anything special for your tailbone area.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The upholsterer altered the original seat foam, replaced the insert and added super-gel inlay.They dished out the area for the tailbone and replaced the outer vinyl covering with a softer ,stretchy vinyl.Way more comfortable but very hot if left in the sun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts