Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 classic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 classic in October of 2021 and have discovered a whole new hobby with motorcycle riding. I took an msf class and got my temporary permit and have been tooling around both on my kawasaki, and then while the Kawasaki was getting some work done I bought a Honda Shadow 750 Aero to practice on (much lighter and more nimble than the Vulcan but not as fun). The Vulcan is a 1998 and it has had some very poor maintenance by one of the previous owners, so there has been some significant work I've had to put into this bike but it has been worth it. Right now I'm having some trouble getting past 70 mph on it, it acts as if it has a governor on the throttle but it shouldn't, and I think it's an air intake issue. I've already redone the clutch, the electrical, the shifter, and replaced the tires on this bike. Hopefully not a lot more work to do to get it on all four corners.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,508 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania and congratulations on your new lifestyle on two wheels!! When it has issues accelerating further does it have any bucking/misfiring or just feel like it runs out of steam and lacks power?

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,886 Posts
Welcome from South Texas

·
Super Moderator
5,625 Posts
Hi Spock.
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Lack of high speed performance will most likely be fuel related. Here is a link to download the factory service manual. Go to the troubleshooting section and start checking the items under Poor Running and No Power at High Speeds on page 416. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts