Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my new vulcan 800 but feel too cramped with the standard bars i am 6ft and have long arms! I like the look of slightly swept back drag style bars. Have seen some on ebay but not sure on diameters etc. I guess i would need a riser too? If anyone has experience setting up a 2002 vn800b or similar with drag bars i would appreciate advice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't have any advice with drag bars specifically, but I put some Biltwell bars and risers on my bike, the only issue I had was I had to drill out the top tree to accommodate the 1/2" bolts of the new risers. I would try to find some that fit the stock holes, but if you don't mind drilling out the top tree then it doesn't matter really. Also, be mindful that whatever you buy will fit with all the stock cables and brake line, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have any advice with drag bars specifically, but I put some Biltwell bars and risers on my bike, the only issue I had was I had to drill out the top tree to accommodate the 1/2" bolts of the new risers. I would try to find some that fit the stock holes, but if you don't mind drilling out the top tree then it doesn't matter really. Also, be mindful that whatever you buy will fit with all the stock cables and brake line, etc.

Are you using the stock controls? Kill switch, starter switch, etc. Im wanting to get some biltwell bars and I'm wondering if I would have to either drill a hole in the bars for the peg on the controls, or grind the peg off

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes, to the best of my knowledge the controls are stock. I don't recall seeing a locating pin, however the previous owner had already put aftermarket handlebars on, so they may have ground them off already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts