Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... i did a thread on my new intake, and in an earlier thread I had mentioned how I was wanting to add some HD bags.

Yeah....... strike that one from the list :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks good was thinkin the same thing, mine came with ugly bags from china. What brand of bars are those I just put on some Harley wide glides and the look similar

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep...... HD wide glides. ;)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Dang they look good man, nice job. Nicely set up sled too. Ando

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
I don't know.. (my opinion only, which doesn't matter. Only yours does).

but I don't think the "lines" really match the bike.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I don't know.. (my opinion only, which doesn't matter. Only yours does). but I don't think the "lines" really match the bike.
RnR, good job well done. its the project that makes the man. the bike is just a bike. as for lines. well smeds gotta point. but its yor bike. so.. only issue I ever have with integrating genuine hardley parts is that it begins to resemble one them pos.. and then the nex question is whydya just get one them hardleys? if ya want it to look like one.. same goes for wen they try to make em sound same.. foolin hardley folks is like foolin the dawg when you don't thro the ball.. yeah their about the same.. poncho

btw, I really like those Hockey Puck caps on the bag tops.. is that where they fill the extra oil for them ol hardley puddle makers?

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Smed, thanks for your honest reply, I'm not a fool to think what I did would please everyone.

Ponch....... this is Canada..... we can't do anything without having a puck or two in the mix some where ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nice lookin bike there rockenroll. I can see you do and try all sorts of things and it looks like its all coming together for you.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What make/model light bar are you running up front? Looks dope as all hell.
Texas Jack, the make is Rocnrol, and the model is 001 :wink2: I custom made the whole thing. The lights are 55w bike headlights (I found locally in a custom bike shop) and I made the bars myself out of aluminum. I think I'm going to have them chromed over the winter. I have them wired so that they will go off when I turn the bike off, but they're also on a switch so I can turn them on or off when I want. I can have them on with high beam, and trust me, it makes riding at night real easy :grin2:

Thanks for the compliment!

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice lookin bike there rockenroll. I can see you do and try all sorts of things and it looks like its all coming together for you.
Appreciate the props Grayhair! I do like to have the bike stand out as my own, and there is not much available for these bikes anymore, so custom made it has to be. Looking at doing the HD 18" front wheel mod soon. I've seen brand new take offs for sale in the local used website in the $200-$300 range.... sure beats over a grand for just a wheel!:wink2:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well.... i did a thread on my new intake, and in an earlier thread I had mentioned how I was wanting to add some HD bags.

Yeah....... strike that one from the list :)

Looks good. Bike actually looks like it's moving in these 2 pics.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What type of mounts did you use on the bags, and where did you find them? Looking to do something similar. Looks great by the way. You Canadians and hockey. It's said you all learn to skate before walking. True? lol

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What type of mounts did you use on the bags, and where did you find them? Looking to do something similar. Looks great by the way. You Canadians and hockey. It's said you all learn to skate before walking. True? lol
I used the factory Vulcan mounts that came with the bike, I just drilled the bags to match the frames:wink2:

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've been doing a lot of riding recently and next to the Euro Gears this has been the best mid to date. Handling is amazing.
That's interesting information, Thanks for that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts