Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am looking at a 04 Vulcan 2000 -- Looking to build a bagger out of it. I like the nomads but 2000cc is calling me... :)

How do you like the Vulcan 2000?
2004 a good year?
is 5k a good price with 9k miles?
What should I look out for?

looking for dual pipes like the nomad and Loud is a requirement any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Ok so I am looking at a 04 Vulcan 2000 -- Looking to build a bagger out of it. I like the nomads but 2000cc is calling me... :)looking for dual pipes like the nomad and Loud is a requirement any suggestions?Thanks in advance!
deadend, nobody home? well we can't leave you hangin

How do you like the Vulcan 2000? Muey Bueno!

2004 a good year? for some wines maybe. not 1st yr this model.

is 5k a good price with 9k miles? not really. new 09/10's can be had for <$9k.
subtract $1k per model year. not that I'd buy an 04 but $3k is fair market.

What should I look out for? cars... and paying too much for a beta bike.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Love my Vulcan
2007 here
I agree with Poncho about the year been 6 yrs and bugs still ain't out of that bike try for a later model if you can If you cant may the force be with you young one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
2004 vn 2000 I love mine!!!!!

I just bought my friends 2004 VN 2000 . It has about 9k on it I paid $5500 for it. You will never find one in good shape for $3000, that is ridiculous! Sorry if I offend, but it's the truth. I just put hard bags on it and Ultimate seats. I Also have a 09 1600 nomad. But I must say I really love my new speed demon.That power is addicting My friend has had it since new and it has been a great bike with no problems what so ever except for the kickstand that is a little too short, but I fixed that with the Frankenstein shoe modification. LOL! If you like it go for it!

Brian

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
a beauty deal is in the eye of the bearholder

I just bought my friends 2004 VN 2000 . It has about 9k on it I paid $5500 for it. You will never find one in good shape for $3000, that is ridiculous! Sorry if I offend, but it's the truth. My friend has had it since new and it has been a great bike with no problems
dent'd, no offense here, but sounds like I hurt yor feelings. sorry didn mean to. as far as value, it is what someones willing to give. just not me. BlueBook on that skoot is 4400trade/6600list, so 5500 is fair.. I guess? You qualified yor purchase as a freinds bike which gives you a close insight into the bikes history which adds value. that kind of information is not likely with just any bike off the street. As far as value goes. 9k will get you a new 09 (perhaps a 10 in a few months) with warranty (2yrs?) so the diff 'tween yor 5500 6yr old bike and 9k new one... I'd say get the new one. but hey, thats just me. If you got what you wanted, then you did good. out, ponch

·
Registered
987 Posts
04 V2Ks

Watching the forum I see quite a few comments about the poor quality/performance etc of the 04 V2K bikes and I have to disagree. I bought the 04 new, run it nearly year round in northwestern Canada, and other than cracking out the rear pulley bearings a couple of times, I have had no problems. (I have since put the double bearing kit in the rear end). The 04's use a very simple fuel injection system which lends itself to easy mods for exhaust and intake without the need for a fuel controller. (runs really rich in the bottom, stock) I run in the Canadian Rockies quite often, with a 700lb payload on the bike, and can keep pace with most anything carrying bags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts