Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2012 SE VN900 and love it. I've been a sport bike guy and finally decided to get a cruiser too.

After a good post-ride wipe down I noticed my right front fork holding the wheel bearing had a hole without any type of pin or lock in it on the end. Am I missing something or is there not supposed to be anything in that hole? Nothing like my Ninja and has me concerned that it's unsafe without anything in it. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Mine is the same too. Unless there's a little pin goblin eating our pins I think that's the way it's supposed to be!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I am not sure, but I think that hole is so you can hook it with a tool to pull it out when you are removing the front wheel.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Just got a 2012 SE VN900 and love it. I've been a sport bike guy and finally decided to get a cruiser too.
What everybody else said.

That's a great looking bike. I saw that paint scheme in person for the first time today and thought it looked a lot better than it does in pictures.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
That hole is there for torquing & removing the axle nut. You slide the largest phillips screw driver that fits thru the hole and you have a handle to stop the axle from turning as you tighten or loosen the axle nut. The question surprises me though. I've never owned a bike that didn't use that setup. Is it really than uncommon now?

·
Registered
28 Posts
What everybody else said.

That's a great looking bike. I saw that paint scheme in person for the first time today and thought it looked a lot better than it does in pictures.
I have the same year and was cleaning it up today and had the exact same thought. It's a really great looking bike and pictures just don't do it justice.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I've been a sport bike guy and finally decided to get a cruiser too.
welcome ... nice ride ... figure out where to put your feet up yet .. i almost creamed my heels every time i took off.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
welcome ... nice ride ... figure out where to put your feet up yet .. i almost creamed my heels every time i took off.
Yeah, I remember that too. My last bike, a '77 GS750 Suzzi had the pegs directly below the driver's seat. I can't tell you how many times I started up and slammed by heals into the pavement instead of reaching for the pegs. I finally cured myself by putting my brake foot on the peg before I started rolling. With one foot out front, the other naturally followed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts