Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 2008 900 classic.
Did they come with factory crash bars / engine guards?
What kind of gas mileage can I expect to get?
What grade of gas does it call for?

I pick it up next Tuesday.

Edit:
The dealer called me today, during their extensive (I would call it extensive) prep process they found the turn signals not working properly, so they decided it needs a new "circuit board" is how the salesman described it. There are none available locally at Kawasaki dealers (not too surprising to me) so they had to order one from Japan, the guy told me they might have a better timeline on Monday as to when the part might be in. So here I am bike is paid for but waiting on shipment from Japan.

On the positive side, because they found it before I took deliver, in their prep process, it isn't going to cost me anything.

Has this happened to anyone else, had a circuit board go bad for part of the lighting system? Sounds like a rare occurrence to me. Maybe the last owner did something like putting the wrong fuse it it or something and that burned out a board.

·
Registered
179 Posts
No engine guards, 40-50 mpg depending on how you ride, 87 Octane

·
Registered
51 Posts
Defiantly does not come with factory crash bars. I put Super gas in mine, the highest octane that you can get. I feel that it is the best you can put in.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Defiantly does not come with factory crash bars. I put Super gas in mine, the highest octane that you can get. I feel that it is the best you can put in.
Use the octane level the manual calls for. Anything more will not benefit you, unless you like spending something for nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts