Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I have been lurking the forums, and I am loving how most of my questions have already been answered, and most issues are already resolved.

Three questions, you don't have to answer but I figured its better then another post: Can I link Imgur here? I like the photo albums for my pictures, and I am not acquainted with photobucket.

I plan on asking in the 500 forum tomorrow, but anyone snap the coolant bolt when replacing it? I am in the middle of doing the valves, and I figured I would put it back in so I wouldn't lose it. It was going smoothly, then I hit a rough patch about 3/4 the way up the bolt. Aparently the Torque wrench I borrowed was broken, and did not follow the weight I put on it..... (Like I tested it at 20 inch pounds, and leaning on a bolt (bicycle bolt), the bolt broke, and the torque wrench did not click....) Any words of advice on how to remove the bolt, and did I do any permanent damage? Can I back it out, and buy a new bolt? I can link a few photos, but Ill wait until I know about the Imgur link question.

Thirdly

This has to do with the valve adjustment, I am good at following instructions, and photos, but this has to do with adjusting the #2 piston, I am hitting a concept jam. When I turn the crankshaft to find F the cam lobes are not visible, on either side, but when at C the right side has its cam lobes visible (and I could adjust them like the instructions say) Should I disregard F, and look for the #2 pistons cam lobes to be upright? (I am slightly regretting bring this to the shop..... But lessons learned here will make me a better rider)

The valve forum post helped me greatly, but I am sadly not intuitive enough to not be hand fed the entire process. I hope I did not bite off more then I can chew.

Lastly, thank you for making the 500 section full of great answers, I love using a search function, and finding the answer reasonably quickly. I hate guessing at the store what to buy, and yall give enough suggestions to help me greatly.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
Hopefully down in the 500 section they can answer your questions.

And in the meantime.. howdy and welcome to the forums!

G

·
0 Posts
I made a Photobucket account and for the life of me can't figure the thing out. Regardless, welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Good link at www.vulcan500.com on valve adjustment. Detailed directions with pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts