Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So within 2 weeks I put a 1000 miles to break in my new bike, so far no problems. Does anyone else have one with any issues?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Please tell me you didn't buy a new Voyager !! I hope you didn't pay a lot for it. Unfortunately these bikes are plagued with a long list of issues. Where do I start to explain?

Just kidding. Just wanted to see how far your jaw dropped while reading this.
They are great bikes and you can learn a lot here.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
2,104 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Glad you decided to join us. A nice new Voyager. Congratulations. How about a picture of that beauty for us. They are great bikes according to the members who own them. The 1700 engine has been around for a while and seems to be pretty bulletproof. Thanks again for joining the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Super Moderator
2,104 Posts
Freedom has slip ons with many different tip styles and get good reviews here from members that have them. Cobra also makes a set. Do not see them listed on the Vance & Hines website. Would need to call them to check availability. If you use www.denniskirk.com. Enter the website through the web address, a pop up called Hop On will appear. Enter your email address. Wait 2 days and you should get a 15% discount code through you email for everything you purchase on your first order. Do a search on his forum for other members opinions that have these exhaust. Also included a Google search. Be well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vance and hines not going to offer them i like loud and do I need to change anything by adding slip-ons

·
Registered
655 Posts
You will probably be running a bit lean will get some backfire (popping Noise) on deceleration . You can have Ivan flash your ECU or you can add a fuel tuner to remedy it.

·
Super Moderator
2,104 Posts
Probably Cobra will be the loudest. Maybe do a search on You Tube for videos to hear before and after. When changing exhaust will need some fuel management changes. Definitely go with Ivan’s ECU flash. An added benefit will be the bike will run cooler with the flash.

·
Registered
655 Posts
If you have stock pipes you will get a small amount of popping on decel but not a lot. Slipons will increase it considerably

·
Super Moderator
2,104 Posts
In the car business, changing out any component will void the warranty on that component. If another item goes bad and it Is determined the cause is the modification, then it is not covered by the warranty. The remainder of the warranty for everything else stays in effect.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yes it will. So you may want to wait on the flash until your warranty is up.
If you have any kind of electrical issue the dealer will likely blame it on the altered flashed ecu, even if it had nothing to do with it

·
Registered
655 Posts
3 yrs is a long time to wait to do things
I have not heard of voodoo pipes. If you are interested in them, post a new thread and you will get more response.

Only you can decide if you want to flash the ECU. You could add a fuel tuner which is usually in the $300 - 400.00 price range it will compensate for the lean condition and stop the decel popping. If you had to take the bike in for Warranty work you could disconnect it and there should not be an issue. Then when your warranty has expired do the flash.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I just parked next to a Voyager over the weekend at the local Walmart. The owner came out as I was gearing up and we chatted a bit. He had Vance and Hines pipes and fired it up so I could hear them. Wow! What a difference. I was shocked at how much different it sounded at idle. Much deeper rumble and even though I was standing right behind the bike, it wasn't much louder... until he twisted the throttle. I've never been a fan of loud pipes, but I have to admit I really liked the sound of those V&H's. We pulled out together so I got to hear it up close on the road too. I seem to be re-thinking the whole after market pipe issue now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts