Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi fellow riders, I need your opinion with my New 2019 Vulcan S which is now at the Mission Mortorsports Irvine service department undergoing repair and waiting for the replacement parts...

I purchased a NEW 2019 Vulcan ABS on Aug. 1, 2019, riding the Orange County canyon for break-in and after about 30 miles the motorcycle was smoking in the front which smelled like coolant leak. I brought the bike straight to Mission Motorsports for REPAIR. After almost 2 hours the motorcycle was fixed and after 10 miles from the dealer on my way home the motorcycle front was smoking again and I brought it back again to the dealer. The Service Tech. told me that it need a part to repair the NEW motorcycle and I end up in the dealership without a ride home. I'm 64 years old, 5'2", with my low height the Vulcan S was perfect for my size and I like its performance very much. I've been riding different motorcycles for more than 30 years and Motorcycle Riding is my THERAPY and part of my life to LIVE a NORMAL LIFE. All I ask from Mission Motorsport is to replace the Faulty NEW MOTORCYCLE which I believe I'm not asking too much for the INCONVENIENT...Thank you...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hope they get it fixed for you. The Vulcan S is great bike. I had a similar issue with my 2016 and they traced it to a leak in the water pump. Mine was leaking oil into the coolant system, but some have had coolant leak into the oil systems. Evidently it there is a bad gasket in the water pump. Kawasaki hasn't released a recall yet as the problem hasn't occurred often enough. Kawasaki designed a new gasket and I had it installed. Bike has run great since with no issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sithout, thanks for your feedback. The dealer will definitely replace the bad parts and fix it but I Purchased it NEW, NOT a BRAND NEW Motorcycle that needed a replacement parts. Will my fellow riders be satisfied riding a BRAND NEW Motorcycle, overheated twice after just 33 miles on the odometer?...I should be riding now but the BRAND NEW Vulcan S is still in the dealer's shop waiting for replacement parts. Is it too much to ask for a new replacement?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hang In There!

Hang in there buddy! The Vulcan is a great bike. Sorry to hear you had a bad dealership experience. I would have been traumatized too! Unfortunately you're going to have to hold the dealership to fixing it. There may even be lemon laws you can fall back on. Do your research. Don't be shy about asking the dealer to give you a new bike!

·
Registered
142 Posts
edcelis -

You certainly have a point, there, sorry to hear pf your trouble. As far as State Lemon Laws, every jurisdiction is different. California being one of the 2 US States that is the most different from the rest of the country, you may or may not have a higher threshold requirement than other states to trigger your CA law. A little online research or call to your local Bar Association or Legal Clinic should prove most helpful in understanding your legal remedies. Best of luck!! - Randy_K

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi fellow riders, I need your opinion with my New 2019 Vulcan S which is now at the Mission Mortorsports Irvine service department undergoing repair and waiting for the replacement parts...

I purchased a NEW 2019 Vulcan ABS on Aug. 1, 2019, riding the Orange County canyon for break-in and after about 30 miles the motorcycle was smoking in the front which smelled like coolant leak. I brought the bike straight to Mission Motorsports for REPAIR. After almost 2 hours the motorcycle was fixed and after 10 miles from the dealer on my way home the motorcycle front was smoking again and I brought it back again to the dealer. The Service Tech. told me that it need a part to repair the NEW motorcycle and I end up in the dealership without a ride home. I'm 64 years old, 5'2", with my low height the Vulcan S was perfect for my size and I like its performance very much. I've been riding different motorcycles for more than 30 years and as a disable war veteran, Motorcycle Riding is my THERAPY and part of my life to LIVE a NORMAL LIFE. All I ask from Mission Motorsport is to replace the Faulty NEW MOTORCYCLE which I believe I'm not asking too much for the INCONVENIENT...Thank you...
Yes, it sucks that the new bike you purchased has an issue. The second you took possession of it, it became a used bike. Their obligation to you is to repair the bike under warranty. Under California's Lemon law, if the manufacturer of the motorcycle is unable to repair the bike after a “reasonable number of attempts,” and the defect is substantial, the manufacturer is required to: 1) replace the defective motorcycle, or 2) return the motorcycle owner’s money. You would have an easier time getting a refund or replacement if you purchased a used bike. I'm sure they would be happy to take your used bike in trade for another new bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The New 2019 Vulcan S ABS was fixed replacing the water reservoir and seals. My son and riding buddy was looking at new motorbike in the garage, he observed that the water tank made of plastic is between the exhaust and the engine. Kawasaki needs to re-design the cooling system for possible engine failure due to overheating. I believe this is also a safety issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts