Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the New bike today, Its a beauty, Blue n Titanium Think Ill call him Big Boy, first Impressions over the 900lt are, Smooth Ride, Bulkier n ready to go dont get the high rpm buzz I got with the 900LT it doesnt feel like I need to Shift when in top gear and the seat is more comfy,

Being only 5'4" I am looking for some 3" to 4" risers 7/8 pullback Ive looked on cruiser customizing and the ones i like do not list the 2000 LT as an installation any recommendations Thanks in advance for the info

Cheron

·
Registered
319 Posts
Risers

Is yours a limited or a classic LT A good set of risers that most V2K riders are going to is Phat II risers. On the Classic LT they bolt right on. On the limited, you have to rework the light nacel. I've got Phat II's for my limited, but haven't got around to chopping up the nacell yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is yours a limited or a classic LT A good set of risers that most V2K riders are going to is Phat II risers. On the Classic LT they bolt right on. On the limited, you have to rework the light nacel. I've got Phat II's for my limited, but haven't got around to chopping up the nacell yet.
Let us know how you get on with the job of re-working the light Nacel as I'd like to do it to my VN also. I've seen a 2000 on you Tube with a re-worked Nacel, think it's located in Germany and looks sweet. Somebody made ref' to cutting it with some kind of electric saw and it was an easy job. Cheers

·
Registered
319 Posts
nacelle

No problem, I've done one before, but not this involved. I use a fordom flex shaft, works perfect. There was a company that made a fiberglass nacelle, but my computer crashed and i lost the info. The glass one is easier to work with and can be repaired if it gets fubared

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gillyiowa, ordered phat II risers. Must be popular, on back order for a month. Riding season is finally here, yeeha!

·
Registered
319 Posts
risers

Garybor, they help bigtime. I've got carpel tunnel and rides over 125 miles would kill me because the stock bars you are kind of streatched out on my wrists. These bring the handles bars right where they need to be

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Garybor, The risers work great. Ended up getting the stainless steal ones cause the chrome were backordered indefinately. I couldnt wait that long cause I have short little arms & I wanted to ride. O my throttle lock is great for carpel tunnel. Enjoy Cheron

·
Registered
319 Posts
risers

Phat II's are the limit with stock cables/brake lines. I have them on my 04 V2K and all I had to do is move the clutch cable from in front of the steering to behind it

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought the phat risers II in polished aluminum. They fit good and look good. I had to use the setback holes to provide for speedo nacelle clearance, I also had to route the clutch cable above the lower front frame clip. It provided just enough extra length so the cable doesn't look so kinked at the clutch lever.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Ditto for me with the polished Phatt IIs.
relocated the clutch cable only as described
(easy to do...just unhook it from the lever handle, reroute, re attach....
takes two minutes.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts