Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just traded in my 09 Triumph America and came home with a 08 V2k. Loved my Triumph but out grew it and wanted a Big Bagger for touring and everything else. Was just out on it after comming home from the dealer. Its a 08 leftover from a dealer which closed, 0 miles, brand new and the price was incredible. ($9400). I have a smile which doesnt end. Wow. This is actually my third Kawi. Last one was a 84 GPZ 750 turbo. Needless to say that was a long time ago. Very happy so far, except for windshield buffeting but oh well, see if I can adjust. But anyway this is my first post on this forum, had to say goodbye to the triumph boys.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Very happy so far, except for windshield buffeting but oh well, see if I can adjust.
Assuming that you have an LT since you mention the windshield.
That's what I've got.

Windshield buffeting is fixable. I lowered the windshield which helped.
Someone on this forum suggested I alter it.

I did.

Modify the brackets on each side from an I shape to an upside down L shape.
When you do this you can tilt the windshield back. Make it so you can adjust it to approximately the same rake as the front forks.

At that angle, No more buffeting!

:D

Oh and it's a great bike. Enjoy! :cool:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Assuming that you have an LT since you mention the windshield.
That's what I've got.

Windshield buffeting is fixable. I lowered the windshield which helped.
Someone on this forum suggested I alter it.

I did.

Modify the brackets on each side from an I shape to an upside down L shape.
When you do this you can tilt the windshield back. Make it so you can adjust it to approximately the same rake as the front forks.

At that angle, No more buffeting!

:D

Oh and it's a great bike. Enjoy! :cool:
I raised the windshield all the way, originally it was all the way down but for me at 6ft. it works and their is very little buffeting. I dont know if wearing my full face had anything to do with it but with my half helmet its a great ride. Really dont like wearing the full face anymore. Only wear it when its real cold. Weather in N.Y. just started getting nicer yesterday. Today was middle to high 50s great ride today. Had bike 24hrs and I have 220mi. on the clock. :) Loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts