Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
came across an ad on craigslist Los Angeles advertising new 05's and 06's for $8999, after nagging them for their best price was quoted just over $8100 including tax and license for a new 05. that's a whole lot better than the $13,500 or so for a new one. if you're in the market check it out!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Seems like the big V isn't selling very well as many people find it just too big and heavy , opting for the slightly smaller bikes Kawi offers . Curious how the company hasn't chosen their largest motor for their newest flagship , the Voyager . The 2000 isn't even offered here in Canada anymore .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not so suprised

the 2000 is a heavy lumbering beast that weighs over 800 lbs. if Kawasaki started with that much weight then added on fairing, bags and such it would end up absurdly heavy. back in 04 when I was looking to buy a Kawi I decided on the Meanstreak and it was an easy choice, 200 lbs lighter than the 2000, over $2000 cheaper and with a sportbike suspension. but I'm looking forward to customizing the 2000 and am reluctantly selling my Meanstreak. mountain roads on the Meanie are a blast and a chore with the 2000. got a sportbike now for sporting so the 2000 will be for cruising. the 2000 was a fairly blatant copy of a Harley, and when you copy a slow heavy bike that's what you end up with. if the 2000 is no longer available in Canada you could figure that it's a model that will be discontinued soon. aftermarket parts will be even harder to find when that happens. be safe out there.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts