Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have my new bars wired up and she is running im almost done putting her back together. but i lost my neutral light on my speedo it went dark on me =(. if there some things i could look at to see/check whats causing this? i removed the tank to do the bars but i have the connecters hooked back up and all. i dunno if there's a wire some where jiggled loose or if the bulb might have busted? dunno. looking for ideas on where to start looking this is all new area of work for me i can live with out it but id like to get it working again if possible.. thanks guys.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
http://vn2000.com/pages/bad_neutral_lgt.htm

Possible fix for a bad neutral light

The neutral light went out on my 2007 Classic. It was still getting power so we figured it was the lamp. Hooked up 12VDC directly to the lamp and it worked. Those lamps have copper leaf springs that make contact with the socket. They lost their spring and failed to make good enough contact. Bent the copper out a bit and the lamp worked again. File that away in case you ever need it.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2014
786 Posts
I have the opposite. I ran the wires on my Meany inside the new bars. Took my time to make sure I didnt cross anything up. Everything except the neutral light works as it should. The neural light now STAYS ON. I took the side cover off & checked all the connections near the slave cylinder, all good. Got any ideas on where else to look for reasons whey the light stays on?

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
I have the opposite. I ran the wires on my Meany inside the new bars. Took my time to make sure I didnt cross anything up. Everything except the neutral light works as it should. The neural light now STAYS ON. I took the side cover off & checked all the connections near the slave cylinder, all good. Got any ideas on where else to look for reasons whey the light stays on?
Not sure how the meanies, work.. but with the V2k, there's nothing to do with the neutral light in the bar wires... is there?

Think about what's "up there". Blinkers, Light Dimmer, Horn, Start n Kill buttons..

Try putting it in gear to make the light go off.. (sorry, could not resist that)

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
If you would like to troubleshoot this issue, post back in the correct forum (1500/1600) and we might be able to help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts