Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
N. FtW here, anyone got a line on a runnin VN1500A used engine,,, Lookin for a Used 1994/5 V88 1500A Engine, complete(or mostly), I dont want somethang that the timing chains have worn into the casings Of Course, and price would Have to be according to the mileage, anyways Im open to negotiating...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DB, it depends the prices, of your motor, My shipping cost - Etc,,, I'm Always lookin. I'm not a dealer/garage or such, it'd be for My mod'ed classic 88.

Shoot Me some further info, but lets Not leave out Steammaker either. never know.

·
Banned
51 Posts
I was not expecting such a fast reply I recently meaning a few hours before my post here came into posession of a 93 Vulcan 1500A motor with trans. The person I got it from bought off craigslist a year or so ago a 93 vulcan 1500 V88 and was given a few extra parts including this motor due to a traffic accident and injuries he was in need of funds and sold the spare motor to me.
I need a little bit of time a day or two to get to it I want to look it over run a compression test and come back with some information.

Thank you and I am sorry to make you wait.

·
Banned
51 Posts
OK, I turned this motor over and it is free with great compression at TDC it actually kicked back at me!!! So this is what I got this is everything I was told, know and believe I am putting it out for you to be as honest as I can with you.
The person I got this motor from received it when he bought his 93 Vulcan 1500a V88 from someone on craigslist. Basically he was given some spare parts including this motor. He showed me the odometer it was 28 thousand something I did not write it down, sorry. He told me that the person he bought the bike and parts from said the motor is good it runs but it smokes a little bit?
This is why I wanted to turn it over, check the compression to see if it could be a top end problem based on my work done and my experience I believe the problem is carburetor it could be that it is just running rich or they could need to be gone thru I am not able to actually start it up (I am not setup for that kind of thing here)
I have done my best to represent this item as best I can and I hope can see I am making a real effort to be as truthful as possible?
I have never shipped something like this I am thinking it would need to go UPS?

I am asking $1500 Including shipping to lower 48

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heyya DB,

My pardons the lengthy delay respondin, family Stuff popped up.

And thank you for the info, I just imagine I've viewed That very engine, an More than likely its in My ebay want/watchlist as I post, but $1300, while I'm sure its worth that, Is outta My range for a engine 3 yrs Older than the 1 I've already bought (the `96 C, 5 spd),W/28.000 mls(per video), @ $800.00+ $210.00 shipping, and at 2 years Older than My bike(late `95)..
Might wanna catch Steammaker on that one, said he knew someone, you never know.

Thanks again,
Luk

·
Banned
51 Posts
Heyya DB,

My pardons the lengthy delay respondin, family Stuff popped up.

And thank you for the info, I just imagine I've viewed That very engine, an More than likely its in My ebay want/watchlist as I post, but $1300, while I'm sure its worth that, Is outta My range for a engine 3 yrs Older than the 1 I've already bought (the `96 C, 5 spd),W/28.000 mls(per video), @ $800.00+ $210.00 shipping, and at 2 years Older than My bike(late `95)..
Might wanna catch Steammaker on that one, said he knew someone, you never know.

Thanks again,
Luk
No I do not have it on ebay yet no pics to do so and the person I got it from was not advertising on ebay so this one no not on ebay. Yes it is 2 years older but it only has 28 thousand something look around at the ones on ebay if they say at all the are usually close to twice as much on the mileage.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Fyi the motor is exactly the same from 88 to 95(can) 97 (US) as long as its the A model the 96 5 speed won't fit in your A model bike without major modification and only 28000 is pretty lo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts