Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive semi in city for a living, was doing a blind side turn from a street to a yard, had the hazards on, had hit the air horn, when I had started the maneuver, the street was clear and no one was coming,(trailer is 53ft,btw) had the street fully blocked off, was about 2 2.5 feet from a parked car, while keeping a eye on the car, noticed a enduro trying to get between me and the parked car :mad:, rider was wobbly (assume rider was new to bikes),if I had not noticed and stopped I would have crushed this special individual between my tractor and the car :eek:! other than the time spent commenting on his/her heritage, time spent blocking the street would be/was less than a minute. Now I will admit to doing my share of not so bright things, trying to ride my motorcycle under a tractor-trailer has yet to be one of those things. thus endeth my Rant, thank-you for your time! Please keep us poor drivers in mind, I know it's a pain to have a tractor block your path, but most times, the total delay to other drivers is less than a minute. please be considerate to those less fortunate then yourself, you get to be on the bike, the poor slob in the truck does not.:) Thanks I feel better now:D!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I think a lot of us, especially when we were learning to ride, have had moments of "holy ***, I'll never do that again!"

I'm only still here due to timing and luck - on at least two very different circumstances I could have been taken out by traffic that, luckily, wasn't there when things went awry for me.

Hopefully that rider saw how close he got to being smashed and will tone it down in the future.

·
Registered
487 Posts
It's been awhile since we've heard from you SparHawk! Yes people do dumb things don't we! How's the leg?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Legs fine, healed up nicely, Thanks for asking! do a lot more lurking and reading then posting, put was pretty sure those here would understand my rant. still don't have the bike on the road, made a decision to spend the bike money on some kids going to a retreat instead, stand by my decision, but am really ready to go ridding, about 2 more weeks before I have the money needed for the 18K service and a new back tire. looking forward to a poker rally happening here in Saskatoon on June 18th, part of Motorcycle ride for Dad, with all proceeds going towards Prostate Cancer. it's a win win situation, money goes for a good cause, and the wife is okay with me being gone all day on a Bike ride, take my son with me and make it a father/son day, which works because it's on Fathers Day weekend.:D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just put a new tire on the back of mine. Pirelli MT66. $166.00 mounted. Not too bad. They wanted another $83.00 if I didn't remove the wheel myself. In retrospect it may have been worth another $83.00. Wheel came off okay, but a bitch putting it back on. :pig:

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I drive semi in city for a living, was doing a blind side turn from a street to a yard, had the hazards on, had hit the air horn, when I had started the maneuver, the street was clear and no one was coming,(trailer is 53ft,btw) had the street fully blocked off, was about 2 2.5 feet from a parked car, while keeping a eye on the car, noticed a enduro trying to get between me and the parked car :mad:, rider was wobbly (assume rider was new to bikes),if I had not noticed and stopped I would have crushed this special individual between my tractor and the car :eek:! other than the time spent commenting on his/her heritage, time spent blocking the street would be/was less than a minute. Now I will admit to doing my share of not so bright things, trying to ride my motorcycle under a tractor-trailer has yet to be one of those things. thus endeth my Rant, thank-you for your time! Please keep us poor drivers in mind, I know it's a pain to have a tractor block your path, but most times, the total delay to other drivers is less than a minute. please be considerate to those less fortunate then yourself, you get to be on the bike, the poor slob in the truck does not.:) Thanks I feel better now:D!
Last time i was blindsiding was on a 6 laner, 3 each way, i Cordinated the lights as best i could and started backing, an impacient lady came to a stop and started laying on the horn, i stop , get out and look, get back in and start again, she lays on the horn again ... ah .. shes in a huirry, i ignored her and she proceeds to drive around me on the grassy median, it had rained like hell ealier, she went in to deep and got herself stuck, i finished backing up and got unloaded, everybody else drove off, it was an hour before she finally got towed out. Naturally, i could not hepl myself and gave her a big wave as she departed the area ... oh well.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah .. shes in a huirry, i ignored her and she proceeds to drive around me on the grassy median, it had rained like hell ealier, she went in to deep and got herself stuck, i finished backing up and got unloaded, everybody else drove off, it was an hour before she finally got towed out. Naturally, i could not hepl myself and gave her a big wave as she departed the area ..
Maybe, it's wrong of me, but I did laugh when I read this! Karma she can be quite the bitch some times. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts