1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
Random question...
I want to buy a new Shoei RF1200 helmet offline, but need to know if it fits first.
With this being an older model, and starting no returns, how would I try one on?
I am in the Cincinnati Ohio area, are there any sites near me that may have an XL sized Shoei RF1200 near me? Or would anyone be open to letting me try one on that they own? (Bald, so no worry of issues there. )
Any ideas?

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
364 Posts
Seems like quite the pickle.

I can attest that they run true to size. I am sure you know what an awesome helmet it is too.

Hope it all works out.

Best wishes

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like quite the pickle.

I can attest that they run true to size. I am sure you know what an awesome helmet it is too.

Hope it all works out.

Best wishes
Yeah.
I currently run a Shoei RF700 from like 25 years ago...
The foam is starting to disintegrate.
So I know Shoei fits my head shape, but hate to spend that much money on something that doesn't end up fitting.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Specialty shops like Cycle Gear usually keep them in stock. Not sure what their policy is now with COVID, but you used to be able to walk in and try anything on.

Reactions: Sixth Gear

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Specialty shops like Cycle Gear usually keep them in stock. Not sure what their policy is now with COVID, but you used to be able to walk in and try anything on.
After a quick internet search... nearest one is 50 miles away.
May have to call them and see if they have one.

·
Registered
2012 Nomad
932 Posts
Great idea. That's exactly what I did.
BE FORWARNED. The demo models at Cycle Gear have been tried on literally thousands of times. A New helmet will NOT fit like the demo model. (don't ask me how I know)
You see a fat headed old dude like me might try on a medium and wear it around the store for awhile then realize, hey I need a large. Those demo units can get stretched quite a bit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BE FORWARNED. The demo models at Cycle Gear have been tried on literally thousands of times. A New helmet will NOT fit like the demo model. (don't ask me how I know)
You see a fat headed old dude like me might try on a medium and wear it around the store for awhile then realize, hey I need a large. Those demo units can get stretched quite a bit.
Good to know, thanks.
If you are a fat headed large, what is my XL size called? Lol. ;-)

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
You used to be able to try on any in stock model that was there. Just find your size, open the box, and slip it on. Again, this was pre-covid. There may be designated demo models now. That sounds nasty as hell though.

Reactions: Sixth Gear
1 - 10 of 10 Posts