Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!
Simple question: what should I consider when buying progressive fork springs? One of my springs is damaged and should be replaced. I can not find any (only one) ordinary spring, therefore I think about new progressives.
Actually, I'm looking at WIRTH right now, because of affordable price. I do not need super-duper performance. I just need a replacement for a bent spring. What are my options?

Thank You!

P.S.
On a wirth-federn.de homepage I found WIRTH FORK SPRINGS 2064 WITH ABE f. HON CBR 1000 F, KAW VN 800 A

Will I need to change and look for different spacers/washers or leave the stock ones? Seems like the kit includes only springs (?) I also can not find any info of such spring free length.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
can you buy progressive fork springs from usa ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, btom! Happy Holidays!

Sorry, no, because of import and shipping charges :( The springs will cost too much for me at the end.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there!
Today I received my fork springs. They are just springs and nothing else in the kit. It turns out that nothing else is needed. The spring length is almost same as stock (46,96 cm stock vs 47 cm) Spacers and washers should be taken from a stock configuration. All I need to do is to pour off 30 ml of oil from each fork rod. :)
Yuppee! A spring with new springs :D

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
congratulations on your new springs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts